website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Oh :p. I saw Netflix and a white name and immediately assumed US. My bad :facepalm:

There are plenty of kidnappings/disappearances in the US too. I'm reading some cases right now. High-profile ones seem like Jaycee Dugard and Johnny Gosch. 

On 10/10/2019 at 20:04, Federer91 said:

Olympic and World swimming medalist Elizabeth Beisel is currently competing in US Survivor. And doing a decent job so far, by my account, 3 episodes in the season. 

fun fact...she's not the first top sportsman/woman to take part in those US shows...Italian (sport) climber Stefano Ghisolfi in 2016 won the American Ninja Warrior US TV Show

16 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Recently watched the Netflix documentary series "The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann" of the infamous case from 12 years ago. I personally have never heard of the case, until i watched the series, but by the looks of it, it has been a huge media event. People here probably have heard of it, and have their opinion on what happened. It's a fascinating case for me and i still can't make my mind on the real answers. Worth the watch, if you are interested in true crimes or mysteries.  

I remember this one...really tragic event, especially how it was (badly) managed by all the police forces involved...

in Italy at the time they were talking of that case in every news program and they wrote a lot of articles on newspapers...

28 minut temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

So...anybody else catch the first episode of the Watchmen yet? 

I'm recording myself. I can watch at work if I have time. But I am not kidding that if I am interested I will absorb this whole series for one sitting.

Just now, TomJa said:

I'm recording myself. I can watch at work if I have time. But I am not kidding that if I am interested I will absorb this whole series for one sitting.

Well that’s harder to do because it’s on HBO. My one word review of episode one would be: huh?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Przed chwilą, Olympian1010 napisał:

Well that’s harder to do because it’s on HBO. My one word review of episode one would be: huh?

HBO is not a problem, I get worse over time :(. I like to watch series from beginning to end in one go. I have also recently watched Chernobyl or the Polish series 'Principle of pleasure' on HBO, but it probably only has Czech and Ukrainian versions in other languages.

41 minutes ago, TomJa said:

HBO is not a problem, I get worse over time :(. I like to watch series from beginning to end in one go. I have also recently watched Chernobyl or the Polish series 'Principle of pleasure' on HBO, but it probably only has Czech and Ukrainian versions in other languages.

Chernobyl. Now there’s the show of the year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 godzin temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

Chernobyl. Now there’s the show of the year.

Of course. Only I, when I watch TV series, is really top shelf. Only rarely do I have time for it, hence the Soprano Family is in my waiting room. I've been taking it for 4 years to watch it, but something always stands in the way.

8 godzin temu, vinipereira napisał:

Netflix's Unbelievable is unbelievably good.

I read the description and I was intrigued by this series. I'll watch him. If it only has 8 episodes then now just find a good time to watch.