website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Finally watched the last Game of Thrones episode :d 

Hide contents

Once again, pretty awesome. Drogon melting that piece of crap throne to bits :bowdown: Not much surprise though, Jon killing Daenerys was pretty obvious, Sansa as queen in the North was even more obvious and Arya going west of Westeros has basically been a sure thing ever since she told Lady Crane she'd go west of Westeros :p 

The only thing I found annoying is boooooring Bran as king, but alright, it makes more sense than anyone from yet another house (which Bran isn't, at least not as much as a regular person) and it was better than Samwell's idea. Once all the seriousness was done with, I enjoyed Bronn's insistence on rebuilding the brothels :lol: 

The Master of Coin wants to be able to meet the Master of (insert any word referring to sex)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Rarely, and I mean rarely, do I find a film completely emotional, but Damn! my western heart cannot handle Capernaum. I love movies like this (Slumdog Millionarie, Lion, etc.), but just wow! And not even halfway yet. Who know such good film could come out of Lebanon?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Rarely, and I mean rarely, do I find a film completely emotional, but Damn! my western heart cannot handle Capernaum. I love movies like this (Slumdog Millionarie, Lion, etc.), but just wow! And not even halfway yet. Who know such good film could come out of Lebanon?

Ok so I’ve now finished the movie. Nothing has ever hit me as hard as this film. I’ve never seen a film address so many social issues at once. This film makes such a statement on worldwide poverty, gender roles, the refugee crisis, illegal immigration, overpopulation, poverty, child abuse. I would honestly place Capernaum among the 100 best films of all time. The fact that it didn’t win the foreign film category this year at the Academy awards makes me so upset.

Has anyone else been watching Chernobyl on HBO? It’s absolutely amazing. My dad and I watched the first episode because there was nothing else on we were interested in watching, but it was so damn good that it became one of my favorite TV shows. HBO has been killing it lately. This show was just so damn good, and I watched most of it during a hail storm, which really added some effect. I’d love to know other users thoughts about the show.

On 02/06/2019 at 07:03, Olympian1010 said:

Basically, you love Dev Patel. 

On 04/06/2019 at 01:24, Dolby said:

Basically, you love Dev Patel. 

Apparently. What I meant is that I love movies with a good story, that show a country or area as it is.