website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

59 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hide contents

I honestly think it was shot perfectly. I do agree that the backstory on the Night King could been expanded, but overall it doesn’t subtract from the story. It’s called Game of Thrones, not the Walking Dead. The main story line is about the throne, and the Night King (like other former kings) was a threat to the throne. That is it, that is his storyline. The Targaryens beat a threat to the throne.

I also recommend watching the inside look at the episode on YouTube. It explains a lot of their decisions.

Theon redeems himself, Jorah dies in the service of his Queen, Berick serves his purpose, the red witch serves the light, Lyanna dies a heroic death like her mother.

Plus it is shot in a way that keeps it entertaining. The fused prospectives add to the confusion of the battle. Dany shows her battle inexperience by making a critical mistake. Arya, who once embarrassed Bran by Out-shooting him, now saves his life in a similar way. Sansa and Tyrion realize that they see the world the same way. Only Samwell is able to see the true horror of battle. The battle comes down to numbers, which makes perfect logical sense. And it is a true battle of Fire and Ice.

All men must die, but we tell the god of death “not today.”

Spoiler

Yeah. They want it to be entertaining (haven't watched the inside look yet but have read comments about parts of it).

My main frustration is how stupidly the defense seems to be set up. Not just Dany's mistake of prematurely attacking but 

Entertainment or not, it seems like pretty much only the unsullied understand tactics. The Dothraki just charge into the darkness not using arrows or the catapults to even slightly be able to see anything. The trench was only used to slow the dead down and then they just wait... Not on the walls shooting at the dead but apparently in the courtyard, They only really start manning the wall  when they start crossing it.

They wanted to create drama, but to me (and I've heard the same comments from others) it just seems stupid.

I'm not saying that everything is bad. I do like Sansa admitting that she can't do anything, now that she has been acting as the big mastermind since beating Littlefinger at his game (still fealt a bit too easy for me, but that's the past), the Hound breaking down once again and Grey Worm actually seeming a bit afraid and  did like much of the tension, but it still feels like they made some choices that were too easy to make it look good. I know that I cannot expect perfectly historically correct battle scenes, but this one just felt too illogical at times, even more than the battle of the Bastards

Arya... Well, it was a bit early to make it that obvious that she was the one who should kille the Night king. Made it feel a bit unnecessary to follow Jon that much as he was more or less the person we could feel most certain would survive.

And Theons death? No doubt it was the right place for him to die, But really. Just charging that way? Could have bought more time by actually trying to fight.

Edited by Agger

25 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

All of the popular choices for the next Bond are awful. For me, Henry Cavill or Richard Madden are the two i would pick, if it's not a new face.

Or maybe as the Danish band Nephew sings: "007 is also gonna die"... Maybe it's time to let it go?

Edited by Agger

IronMan is dead and all what you found to say is who is the next james bond , game of thrones ....etc, you really sucks

you have to respect his funeral :(

Spoiler

at least until the movie explodes the box office with over 2 billions dollars :mad:

23 minutes ago, bestmen said:

IronMan is dead and all what you found to say is who is the next james bond , game of thrones ....etc, you really sucks

you have to respect his funeral :(

Hide contents

at least until the movie explodes the box office with over 2 billions dollars :mad:

Comes from the one who downloaded the movie...

But well. My main interest in Marvel is that it's rather entertaining to follow my friends' discussions about it :p

5 hours ago, Agger said:

Hide contents

Yeah. They want it to be entertaining (haven't watched the inside look yet but have read comments about parts of it).

My main frustration is how stupidly the defense seems to be set up. Not just Dany's mistake of prematurely attacking but 

Entertainment or not, it seems like pretty much only the unsullied understand tactics. The Dothraki just charge into the darkness not using arrows or the catapults to even slightly be able to see anything. The trench was only used to slow the dead down and then they just wait... Not on the walls shooting at the dead but apparently in the courtyard, They only really start manning the wall  when they start crossing it.

They wanted to create drama, but to me (and I've heard the same comments from others) it just seems stupid.

I'm not saying that everything is bad. I do like Sansa admitting that she can't do anything, now that she has been acting as the big mastermind since beating Littlefinger at his game (still fealt a bit too easy for me, but that's the past), the Hound breaking down once again and Grey Worm actually seeming a bit afraid and  did like much of the tension, but it still feels like they made some choices that were too easy to make it look good. I know that I cannot expect perfectly historically correct battle scenes, but this one just felt too illogical at times, even more than the battle of the Bastards

Arya... Well, it was a bit early to make it that obvious that she was the one who should kille the Night king. Made it feel a bit unnecessary to follow Jon that much as he was more or less the person we could feel most certain would survive.

And Theons death? No doubt it was the right place for him to die, But really. Just charging that way? Could have bought more time by actually trying to fight.

Spoiler

I think the stupidity of the defense is supposed to show just how really unprepared the North was for this battle. They really underestimated what the Night King was capable of. 

I though they should of just maned the castle walls from the start and sent the Dothraki and Unsullied our as strike teams occasionally.

Right, but I think they have a different story line in mind for Jon. I think they have been secretly trying to show off his kingly qualities so far, so that we can see the comparison in ruling styles between him, Sansa, Dany, and Cersei.

I actually like that the show has empowered woman warriors. I think it’s a great modern fantasy motif.  

Lastly, I think the thing about Theon’s death is that he knew he was going to die. He could run away coward, he could just let the Night King kill him, or he could go out in the Iron Born fashion. I think his death moment is the only time in which he truly becomes an Iron Born. I’d like to think Balon would be proud. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 29/04/2019 at 21:10, Olympian1010 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The Night King was never a threat to the throne. Well, I mean if he had his way everybody would be dead and so technically he was a threat to the throne, but he never wanted the throne. That was pretty clear and hippie Bran confirmed that: the Night King wanted to end everything and erase the memory of the world. Not be yet another one sitting on a throne.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 29/04/2019 at 21:00, crovitlaci said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The White Walkers doing nothing made perfect sense though. They've got a gazillion soldiers they could just keep sending on and on and on, every single one of which feels no fear or pain or anything. The only thing White Walkers themselves attacking could change was that maybe in one-on-one combat with any random person they'd have a better chance, but mostly it would be rather risky to have a White Walker die, meaning part of the army (the wights he created) dies too. They had nothing to gain by attacking by themselves.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!