website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

1 minute ago, phelps said:

even if you dislike Spike Lee as a director big time, you gotta watch "He Got Game" (I think it's already 20 years old, but still)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Lee_filmography

I don't know anymore which one we saw :d All I remember is that a large part of it was in 'the hood' on the streets

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

and I’m not just saying that because I watched Won’t You Be My Neighbor? last week. I enjoyed the majority of the nominated films. 

How it was not nominated in documentary feature, i would never know.

1 minuto fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Lee_filmography

I don't know anymore which one we saw :d All I remember is that a large part of it was in 'the hood' on the streets

for sure it's not "He Got Game"...

that's a movie about Basketball (the dirty world behind the college teams trying to recruit the most talented high school kids with all kind of methods, illegal ones included) and about the difficult and controversial family relationship between the main character (role played by the NBA star Ray Allen) and his father (the classic "survivor", just released from jail and already facing a lot of troubles and so on)...

and another great movie directed by Spike Lee is "Inside Man" (this is more a traditional "robbery movie", but with something original that's worth the time in front of the screen, if compared to the vast majority of the movies about robberies)...

I'm not a fan of Spike Lee, too...but those 2 movies are definitely the ones to watch in his filmography...