website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

7 minut temu, Vojthas napisał:

"Zootopia" in Polish is "Zwierzogród", but the biggest hits are "Dirty Dancing" ("Wirujący Seks" - "Swirling Sex" - it was so funny that nobody uses it anymore) and "Die Hard" ("Szklana Pułapka" - "Glass Trap", which was OK for the first one, but for the next parts...).

What about Home Alone (Kevin sam w domu)? :lol:

44 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Are the names of the movies or TV Shows changed in your countries ? For example Zootopia is here Zootropolis :d  I know the french did it always A-Team = l´agence tout risque lol etc... but here in general even if the name is translated into CZ/SK it´s usually the exact translation of the title in the original language

Thank the good Lord it's generally not, maybe except some children's shows (but Spongebob Squarepants for example is called by it's actual name, so that's good). Dutch TV has dumb and stupid things, but I'm so glad they don't commonly do this :lol: (I can only imagine 'The Walking Dead' or 'Black Sails' or 'The Last Kingdom' changing to Dutch versions :facepalm: )

Changing the names of movies and series is second on my list of dumb TV things related to languages, closely behind every single country that has their own language as audio instead of the original audio (specifically for non-children stuff).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Silver Linings Playbook - Happiness Therapy :mumble:

Pretty much tells you all you need to know :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Cool Runnings - Kokosy na snehu ( coconuts in the snow ) :lol:

158928083_c2ce9a.jpg

I don’t think Jamaica even has Coconuts :wacko:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Pretty much tells you all you need to know :p

Yeah but I don't see the point in changing a title in english to another title in english, usually they translate the title in french or just keep the original title, but sometimes they do this, I don't get why.

17 minutes ago, Wumo said:

American title, "Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Danish title, "Røvtur på 1. klasse". Literal translation in English, "Ass-trip on first class" .:lol:

To be fair, to someone who never in his life heard of 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' (me), the other name sounds a lot more funny :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!