website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

No, I predicted it :p

Interestingly, he’s known for not actually writing that much. He has his actors ad-lib a lot.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Are you surprised at all? The Academy Awards were created by Americans to award American movies. In all seriousness, the Palme D'Or is the only award I respect (even though Spike Lee is the jury president this year and I dislike all of his movies). 

Except that not all films are eligible for that...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

And this is called comedy?

Seriously (and y’all know I love comedy)

I want a film awards where films don’t win based on being American, French, or British.

3 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

"Orły" ("Eagles") are won based on being Polish - does it satisfy you enough? :p

No. Had Pierre De Coubertin lived longer, there would have been an Olympic medal for best film, best poem, best book, etc. He always though the arts should have been added, just like in the ancient Olympics.