website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Holy fuck “Brotherhood” is good. I feel bad that it was offered for free. I should have to pay like $10 for that short film. Way to put Tunisia on the film map! :clap::bowdown:

Spoiler

Of course, it’s a rather interesting look at that dilemma. Many ISIS fighters didn’t believe what they were doing was wrong. It’s a gripping story though, and one told absolutely brilliantly. Sound and cinematography is worth noting for such quality in a short film. Acting is rather good, which can sometimes be a killer in these shorts.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Holy fuck “Brotherhood” is good. I feel bad that it was offered for free. I should have to pay like $10 for that short film. Way to put Tunisia on the film map! :clap::bowdown:

Reveal hidden contents

Man, rough category. “The Neighbor’s Window”. Oh, that was a rough one. The story isn’t “original” per say, and the plot if rather easy to guess, but it’s done so well for a short film. Both those easily score 9/10 or 10/10. I’m really impressed with the category this year, and I still have two films left to watch.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Jeez, this category. Great selection this year. “A, Sister” fantastic short film out of France. I’d say 8/10 or 9/10 on this one, but I’d still be okay with it winning

Spoiler

A lot of people often forget the burden placed on those who take emergency services calls. I do wish the plot had thickened a bit here, but it’s great to see this portrayed in film. Hopefully getting all this Oscars attention will help educate women so they know what to do in that situation. Acting was satisfactory, filming was satisfactory, but once again the quality was fantastic for a short film.

Unfortunately, the last nomination, Saria, is not available online currently. Too bad, it sounds interesting. In a year that lacks diversity amongst the bigger films, this category is a breath of fresh air.

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

You should see my face when I read some of the posts I wrote last year :p

You clearly haven’t watched the show by the way.

When I was your age I was a fan of the Spice Girls. Believe me: you will eventually regret many decisions. :wall::lol:

I haven't watched the show because I hate superhero movies and series. Seriously, I can't stand them. The only people in uniform I don't laugh at are athletes.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

When I was your age I was a fan of the Spice Girls. Believe me: you will eventually regret many decisions. :wall::lol:

I haven't watched the show because I hate superhero movies and series. Seriously, I can't stand them. The only people in uniform I don't laugh at are athletes.

Firefighter @hckosice doesn't like what you just said, good sir!

Spoiler

And neither does my dad who's been in the army for almost 40 years now :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Firefighter @hckosice doesn't like what you just said, good sir!

Hide contents

And neither does my dad who's been in the army for almost 40 years now :d 

I'll move back to Rio in a couple of months, and this time I'll work in a military school. I guess I'll have a hard time not laughing at people there. It was the only feasible place for me to work in Rio now, though, at least for the time being. 

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

It’s not really a superhero show though. To be fair, you’re giving an opinion to something you haven’t watched. While there are superhero elements, there is much more to the show. It makes statements on race, police brutality, questions if good guys are good, has awesome music, awesome action, and it’s arguably the best written show of all-time.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s not really a superhero show though. To be fair, you’re giving an opinion to something you haven’t watched. While there are superhero elements, there is much more to the show. It makes statements on race, police brutality, questions if good guys are good, has awesome music, awesome action, and it’s arguably the best written show of all-time.

But if you haven’t watched every single show in history, how can you say that too :p 

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

But if you haven’t watched every single show in history, how can you say that too :p 

Haven't you grown used to his "xxx is arguably the best xxx of all-time" or "xxx is most likely among the best xxx ever" yet? :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!