website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

3 hours ago, KingOfTheRhinos said:

Really enjoyed the pilot of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.

Definitely gonna be a highlight for me this year. 

Just now, Bohemia said:

I enjoyed it too, didn't expect it to be emotional at times so it was a nice surprise.

This is really interesting. I watched the trailer the other day, and I though “hard pass”. Now, I should watch it?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Bohemia said:

I enjoyed it too, didn't expect it to be emotional at times so it was a nice surprise.

I didn't expect it to be that emotional as well.

As much as it reminds me of musical series like Crazy ex girlfriend obviously for the musical aspect, it also reminded me of an light novel which I watched the anime adaption for Rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai for the problem solving aspect both Rascal and Zoey's Playlist have.

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Parasite is a very, very good film. All About Eve meets Metropolis. :d

I really need to see it. Are there any streaming services offering it? American cinema refuses to show it because they are afraid it will win Best Picture outright.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I really need to see it. Are there any streaming services offering it? American cinema refuses to show it because they are afraid it will win Best Picture outright.

Nope, it's available only in cinema. It's not a Netflix film. :p

#banbestmen

On 10/01/2020 at 07:07, Olympian1010 said:

1917 Review: Meh

It’s beautifully done, the costuming is great. The one shot take is amazing. The symbolism is good. Everything else is average. 7/10

I'm rather impressed that a movie that is "Meh" can get 7/10. Personally I'm at 8 or 9 (just watched it and was very pleased)