website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

In what continues to be and amazingly good month for me, my phone carrier offered my family and free yearlong subscription to Disney+ :d. So I went ahead and watched the first two episodes of the Mandolorian. Damn good show so far, highly recommend (especially for Star Wars fans obviously). I’m starting to think I should have a movie/television themed podcast. I think I need to get more involved in the industry first though, thankfully that’s not an issue when you live close to Hollyweed :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I have rarely been more impressed by a TV show than Watchmen. Holy shit, it’s good. HBO is really saving itself from the GOT fallout with this one. Oh, what a glorious show.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

In what continues to be and amazingly good month for me, my phone carrier offered my family and free yearlong subscription to Disney+ :d. So I went ahead and watched the first two episodes of the Mandolorian. Damn good show so far, highly recommend (especially for Star Wars fans obviously). I’m starting to think I should have a movie/television themed podcast. I think I need to get more involved in the industry first though, thankfully that’s not an issue when you live close to Hollyweed :p

Let me know if you need a side kick :lol: I live on Marvel, Star Wars and Disney

17 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Would need to be for millennials :p

@OlympicIRL I think I’d still qualify “His Dark Materials” as fun concept, but no meet still. I like where the series is heading, but the plot needs to thicken a bit from here on out.

On 19/11/2019 at 06:00, Olympian1010 said:

@OlympicIRL I think I’d still qualify “His Dark Materials” as fun concept, but no meet still. I like where the series is heading, but the plot needs to thicken a bit from here on out.

The pace definitely picked up in the third episode which is good. It's really well produced and that alone is enough to keep my attention. As you say though, would like the plot to thicken a bit more to allow for more twists to be thrown into plot further on. But happy enough to continue watching :)

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

The pace definitely picked up in the third episode which is good. It's really well produced and that alone is enough to keep my attention. As you say though, would like the plot to thicken a bit more to allow for more twists to be thrown into plot further on. But happy enough to continue watching :)

Right it’s not perfect, but it’s definitely enjoyable. Television is doing pretty well this year compared to movies in my opinion. The quality has been better overall. Besides, 2 or 3 blockbusters this year, movies have largely been a bust in my opinion.

Oh My God! I cannot put into words how amazing what I just saw was. If you can only see one movie this year, I wholeheartedly recommend “Won’t You Be My Neighbor”. Master fucking class in cinema. I know I’ve been highly critical of the movie industry this year, but that film saved the entire year for me. I rarely, and I mean rarely, give out a perfect score, but today is a historical day. “Won’t You Be My Neighbor” 10/10! The camera angles, shots, pans 10/10. The acting 15/10. Tom Hanks pulls off another amazing piece of art. Every other actor carries their weight too. The story itself 12/10. The writing 15/10. I have never wanted a movie to win best picture more. If this film isn’t nominated and given the honor it will be an outrage. The interesting thing is that it is the exact opposite of Joker. The Oscars could quite literally be a battle between the light-side and the dark-side this year. I seriously hope that all of you get the chance to watch the film. There’s much more I’d love to say, but spoiling it for y’all would be unfair.