website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

am I the only fan of the Big Bang Theory here ? 

I am too, but I'm a little behind....gonna start with season 7 next month :p (I watch together with my girlfriend and that's when she's here again, so we'll go for at least 2-3 seasons in June :p )

The Dutch channel that shows it also shows football (Champions League), which leads to the annoying situation that around the match I have to change channels because in between commercials they might show spoilers/previews of the next episodes (which is 6 years ahead of me) :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, MHSN said:

am I the only fan of the Big Bang Theory here ? I was watching this for more than 10 years and It was like I know these characters in real life. I feel like someone who lost a friend already :d

Nope, My family was all about that show. I was a huge fan of the writing, setting, and actors. I really just hated the stupid laugh track. That last episode was great.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

30 minutes ago, MHSN said:

am I the only fan of the Big Bang Theory here ? I was watching this for more than 10 years and It was like I know these characters in real life. I feel like someone who lost a friend already :d

Big fan too :d

2355092_625x.jpeg?rev=2

31 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I am too, but I'm a little behind....gonna start with season 7 next month :p (I watch together with my girlfriend and that's when she's here again, so we'll go for at least 2-3 seasons in June :p )

The Dutch channel that shows it also shows football (Champions League), which leads to the annoying situation that around the match I have to change channels because in between commercials they might show spoilers/previews of the next episodes (which is 6 years ahead of me) :p 

season 7 wow ! more than just "a little" :d

so let me spoil it for you. they will fix the elevator finally in the very last episode :d

Game of thrones finale coming in a few hours.  

My final predictions (let's see how much I can get right):  

Spoiler

-Dany dies, killed by Jon or Arya.

-the iron throne is destroyed (99% sure of this because of what it symbolizes), maybe monarchy altogether is abolished as well (50/50 IMO)

- if monarchy is not abolished then my pick is Gendry.

-North becomes independent as Sansa wants.  

-Tyrion lives.

-Jon may survive. If he does, he won't become king of course.

-Bran and his powers will be involved somehow in solving all this shit. Don't think he will be left out of the episode entirely. Hopefully he wargs into the Dragon or something like that.

-Bronn gets highgarden, as he was promised.    

No clue about what could happen to Greyworm and the other unsullied when Dany dies.

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

Game of thrones finale coming in a few hours.  

My final predictions (let's see how much I can get right): 

Great job! Congratulations!

I didn't watch the TV series, but I've read some of the books and I decided to get all of the spoilers now. The conclusion is far from what I was expecting and my favorite character in the book series is now the character I hate the most. I'm not sure I'll be able to read the remaining books now, unless major changes are made to the conclusion of the plot.

I'm really pissed off with my guesses because it means the ending was quite predictable. Still, I didn't predict the outcome of the main thing that the show is about, but it was such a wtf decision from the writers that I can't really blame myself.   

I thought the show ended pretty well. I don’t think everyone will be happy (that would be impossible with any ending), but I think the writers did a great job pulling themselves out of a shitshow they created. The ending makes sense (except Sansa being granted an independent North) and it completes the story well. Plus we got one more iconic quote.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Almost nothing makes sense except for Sansa getting independence for the North. Dialogues are comical. That meeting of the remaining high lords is laughable. Really disappointed with the way story is closed. I hope GRRM really finishes the books before he, you know... 

It looks like it was all directed by Brandon the Broken! At least "the wheel" is broken. 

So, is House Stark going to exist after Sansa?