website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

GOT. Don't read if you haven't seen episode 3...

Spoiler

Parts of it was amazing others were a bit what the heck? and some were "really?"

In general I liked the "survival horror". During the episode I felt in doubt about plenty of characters and it created some nice breaks from the hectic battle. Well done! But...

Who the hell made their strategy? I know they wanted it to feel like everything went wrong and that did work out to some point. Dany and Jon not being able to see what was happening and  Dany making a stupid mistake by attacking was fine but the general military strategy didn't make much sence, even to me who isn't that strong in medieval war strategy... Just like the battle of the Bastards it became too much about dramatic effects and too little about common sense.

It also felt like way too much near death moments considering that only Jorah and Theon died (of the major characters (sorry Beric, Eddison and Lyanna)). Several of the most tense moments weren't really the near-deaths but just the general fight. And both died in situations where you kind of felt sure that they would die.

I can't believe there are people saying it was a good episode of got. The start of the battle was the only good part but just from a choreographic/effects points of view. 

Spoilers: 

Spoiler

But come on, that was it for the NK???  No explanation of purpose, motivation or any additional backstory. Just another generic villain killed in a dumb way (how can Arya just land on him perfectly like that?? She suddenly has superpowers?). Build up of 8 seasons just for a battle whose only consequences are reducing the numbers of the "good guys" so they can be the underdog again against Cersei? (Yes, we lost Theon and Jorah but their story was over pretty much). If there is nothing more about the whole winter topic in upcoming episodes I'll be really disappointed.

Edited by LDOG

On 27/04/2019 at 13:25, bestmen said:

Dali Bensalah is :ALG born in  :FRA  he will play the role of  the next James Bond :cool:

his english is worse than mine :lol:

I never heard of him and i dont think he will be the next Bond ...

My favourites are Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston, Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender. Cumberbatch would be an absolute horrible choice.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

41 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I can't believe there are people saying it was a good episode of got. The start of the battle was the only good part but just from a choreographic/effects points of view. 

Spoilers: 

Reveal hidden contents

Agree. Am i the only one who was "shocked" by how bad the animation was (at least in parts)? I think the parts where the night king attacked Winterfell and when Daenerys saved Jon with dragonfire were animated really poorly ...

SPOILER:

About your spoiler:

Can we be sure that Theon is dead? Not that it matters much, but i dont think we actually saw him die?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I never heard of him and i dont think he will be the next Bond ...

My favourites are Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston, Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender. Cumberbatch would be an absolute horrible choice.

LOL your choice , they haven't the look of james Bond at all

Tom Hardy                                                                  Tom Hiddleston                                    Idris Elba                                Michael Fassbender

260px-Tom_Hardy_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg  220px-Tom_Hiddleston_by_Gage_Skidmore_3.220px-Idris_Elba-4822.jpg220px-Michael_Fassbender_by_Gage_Skidmor

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Spoilers: 

Hide contents

But come on, that was it for the NK???  No explanation of purpose, motivation or any additional backstory. Just another generic villain killed in a dumb way (how can Arya just land on him perfectly like that?? She suddenly has superpowers?). Build up of 8 seasons just for a battle whose only consequences are reducing the numbers of the "good guys" so they can be the underdog again against Cersei? (Yes, we lost Theon and Jorah but their story was over pretty much). If there is nothing more about the whole winter topic in upcoming episodes I'll be really disappointed.

Spoiler

I was mostly reffering to cinematics and effects, which were amazing. About plot, I mostly agree with you. 

Jon and Dany barely did anything the entire episode. The white walkers (except NK) literally didn't do anything the entire episode. I really was hoping for some white walker vs. main characters 1 on 1 combat, but none of that.

Hope they can repair it in the upcoming episodes.

1 hour ago, Agger said:

GOT. Don't read if you haven't seen episode 3...

Reveal hidden contents

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Spoilers: 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I honestly think it was shot perfectly. I do agree that the backstory on the Night King could been expanded, but overall it doesn’t subtract from the story. It’s called Game of Thrones, not the Walking Dead. The main story line is about the throne, and the Night King (like other former kings) was a threat to the throne. That is it, that is his storyline. The Targaryens beat a threat to the throne.

I also recommend watching the inside look at the episode on YouTube. It explains a lot of their decisions.

Theon redeems himself, Jorah dies in the service of his Queen, Berick serves his purpose, the red witch serves the light, Lyanna dies a heroic death like her mother.

Plus it is shot in a way that keeps it entertaining. The fused prospectives add to the confusion of the battle. Dany shows her battle inexperience by making a critical mistake. Arya, who once embarrassed Bran by Out-shooting him, now saves his life in a similar way. Sansa and Tyrion realize that they see the world the same way. Only Samwell is able to see the true horror of battle. The battle comes down to numbers, which makes perfect logical sense. And it is a true battle of Fire and Ice.

All men must die, but we tell the god of death “not today.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela