website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

10 hours ago, rybak said:

I just watched first episode of Vikings and I can say that it seems to be an interesting serie, anyone watched this and can confirm this?

I have watched the first 3 seasons and liked it a lot.

Since the discussion is currently on TV Shows, if anyone wants to watch something AWESOME but still different from the well known American shows, try the South Korean tv show The Genius. 

Available here - https://www.reddit.com/r/TheGenius/comments/70jog1/links_to_all_subbed_episodes_of_the_genius_s14/

It is my ALL TIME favorite show and nothing else even comes close (and I watch a LOT of TV). 

It is a show about people playing different and highly interesting cerebral/social games, which should translate very well for Totallympians with our shared love of sport and competition.

The only slight issue is that it's in Korean, means you need to follow the english subtitles. Every one who watches the genius has only 1 of 2 reactions - (1) It is AWESOME or (2) I cudn't handle the subtitles. But it's also the first show I ever watched with subtitles, so it's not that difficult and as long as u can handle them, u'll be in for a treat.

11 hours ago, rybak said:

I just watched first episode of Vikings and I can say that it seems to be an interesting serie, anyone watched this and can confirm this?

I am watching it in our TV, have not missed a single episode so far (Live or recorded), right now we are in the 4th season,

warning spoiler

Spoiler

in this weeks episode Ragnar Lothbrok died  :(:d

1 ora fa, Federer91 ha scritto:

Watching both The Americans and The Leftovers at the moment. Very pleased with both shows, but don't know why always the depressing shows bring my attention. :d Need to change things with somethings more lighter. 

The Americans imho is a masterpiece...one of my favourite shows ever...

it's so sad that it's already over...:cry:

something lighter?

always on the (classic) crime kind of shows...NCIS Los Angeles...

once again a crime show, but with some romance in it...Castle...

a lot of action and suspance, but with a lot of sensuality too (well, better to say it's just sex and beautiful girls :lol:)...Strike Back...

sit com? My Wife and Kids...the only show of this genre that makes me laugh even when I watch it for the 100th time...

but if you want to go on with entertaining but somehow dull and complicated plots, then the French spy drama Le Bureau Des Agents is one of the best tv shows ever of this genre, definitely the most realistic one...

personally, at the moment I'm following (among others) the Australian crime drama Harrow...and I like it (I still have to watch the last 2 episodes)...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7242816/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Black Sails and The Last Kingdom :thumbup:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!