website statistics

Beach Volleyball FIVB World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Nata Dubovcová/Andrea Štrbová lost in the round of 32 to the 16th seeded Betschart/Huberli of :SUI  after a huge drama 1-2 (21-16, 16-21 and 14-16 !!!) :( hard luck for the girls once again..they rae really one of the most unluckiest sports pair in the world IMO, really.

They are one of our athletes I really hope the most to qualify for the Olympics.

3/4 brazilian women's pairs advance to Round of 16. Pity for Maria Elisa/Carol who are our third best pair. Ágatha/Duda and Ana Patrícia/Rebeca closer to Olympic qualification.

Kinda shocked by Ludwig's elimination, although Kozuch is not really on her level. Sweat/Walsh Jennings early elimination is also a little surprising, but not that much when we see their poor results in the preliminary round.

Only one Brazilian pair in the quarterfinals in the women's competition. Disappointing performance, especially that was our worst pair who managed to qualify. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Hopefully we will win a medal at least because I do not believe in a medal in the men's competition.

2 hours ago, hoversaBR said:

Only one Brazilian pair in the quarterfinals in the women's competition. Disappointing performance, especially that was our worst pair who managed to qualify. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Hopefully we will win a medal at least because I do not believe in a medal in the men's competition.

Today was terrible indeed. In women's only our 5th best pair remains (4th if we only count the teams here); in Men's, only our 2nd and 4th best pairs. I seriously believe we won't win a single medal this time

En 4/7/2019 a las 19:23, vinipereira dijo:

Today was terrible indeed. In women's only our 5th best pair remains (4th if we only count the teams here); in Men's, only our 2nd and 4th best pairs. I seriously believe we won't win a single medal this time

It is very strange to see Brazil without a medal in beach volleyball. Disappointing, but natural, bad tournaments happen for everyone.

:)

Anyway nothing has changed for Tokyo. 2 medal chances in the women's tournament and, for now, 0 medal chances in the men's tournament.