web
analytics
Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Totallympics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG Junior World Championships 2019

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Surprising (and some confusing) results so far in the women's competition. Ukraine had a couple of great routines which received low scores, while Belgium had average to mediocre routines and received very generous scores. The US girls in second was also kind of surprising. Not because they deserved to be first -- they definitely did not, since the Russians were fantastic. But the surprising part is Russia finally hitting their routines. It will be a very interesting battle from 2021 on when Biles retires. As I wrote before in another thread, without Biles the US is not unbeatable, at all.

 

Edited by thiago_simoes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5th place for us... on men's pommel horse, of course. One trick pony we remain.


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dcro said:

5th place for us... on men's pommel horse, of course. One trick pony we remain.


Wait, what?

Ude is a medalist at the Olympics and Worlds on pommel horse, okay. Seligman won a couple medals at the European Championships on pommel horse, okay. But Moznik and Srbic were world medalists on horizontal bar. Besides, there's nothing wrong with being good in one or two apparatus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:


Wait, what?

Ude is a medalist at the Olympics and Worlds on pommel horse, okay. Seligman won a couple medals at the European Championships on pommel horse, okay. But Moznik and Srbic were world medalists on horizontal bar. Besides, there's nothing wrong with being good in one or two apparatus.

 

 

Yeah, but we always seem to have the greatest depth on pommel horse. At last year's Mediterranean Games our federation sent three pommel horse specialists and that was it. I'd like to see a bit more diversity.

  • Like 1

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thiago_simoes You said the women's competition is more close to the elite level than the men's, but I'm still excited that Canada has a men's world junior champion (though maybe you aren't so excited considering who got silver)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, juddy96 said:

@thiago_simoes You said the women's competition is more close to the elite level than the men's, but I'm still excited that Canada has a men's world junior champion (though maybe you aren't so excited considering who got silver)


Diogo had a very noticeable mistake that cost him 0.3, so the result was fair. To be honest, I didn't expect a medal at all for Diogo on rings, let alone a silver medal. Congratulations to Felix Dolci and Canada!

And, yes, the expectations are quite different between men and women. The finalists on rings all had difficulty scores that ranged from 4.4 to 4.8, while at the senior World Championships the finalists all have difficulty scores between 6.1 and 6.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...