website statistics

Table Tennis at the European Games 2019

Totallympics

Just now, hckosice said:

:(

I really hoped they could have won the Mixed Doubles and secured :SVK an Olympic quota. 

Now your only chance is in the Men's Singles, but for once, I'm not going to support :SVK. It's mainly because Yang Wang doesn't sound like a typical Slavic name. :p

1 minute ago, wumo26 said:

I really hoped they could have won the Mixed Doubles and secured :SVK an Olympic quota. 

Now your only chance is in the Men's Singles, but for once, I'm not going to support :SVK. It's mainly because Yang Wang doesn't sound like a typical Slavic name. :p

I am not so much into table tennis and the Tokyo system, Have they still any chance to qualify for the Olympics in the mixed doubles ?

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I am not so much into table tennis and the Tokyo system, Have they still any chance to qualify for the Olympics in the mixed doubles ?

They can still qualify via the 2019 World Tour Grand Finals, December 12–15 (4 quotas up for grabs), 2020 World Tour German Open, January 28 – February 2 in Magdeburg (2 quotas), 2020 World Tour Qatar Open, March 3–8 in Doha (2 quotas) or 2020 World Tour Japan Open, April 21–26 in Kitakyushu (1 quota)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_tennis_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

Edited by wumo26

Just now, wumo26 said:

They can still qualify via the 2019 World Tour Grand Finals, December 12–15 (4 quotas up for grabs), 2020 World Tour German Open, January 28 – February 2 in Magdeburg (2 quotas), 2020 World Tour Qatar Open, March 3–8 in Doha (2 quotas) or 2020 World Tour Japan Open, April 21–26 in Kitakyushu. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_tennis_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

so basically only worldwide competitions including Asian countries, so sadly no chance as I thougth. oh well...this is really sad, I think they showed many times during last years that they deserve to be in Tokyo, but well, what can we do.

29 minutes ago, hckosice said:

so basically only worldwide competitions including Asian countries, so sadly no chance as I thougth. oh well...this is really sad, I think they showed many times during last years that they deserve to be in Tokyo, but well, what can we do.

It's not that hopeless. Only one mixed double per NOC can qualify, and Japan as host is already qualified and can't win a second place. So at least in the later stages, when most big table Tennis countries are already qualified, Slovakia should have a realistic chance.

6 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

It's not that hopeless. Only one mixed double per NOC can qualify, and Japan as host is already qualified and can't win a second place. So at least in the later stages, when most big table Tennis countries are already qualified, Slovakia should have a realistic chance.

Maybe yes, we´ll see.

At the end, it will always depend on the draw and mainly on the current form on that specific day