website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Cup 2019

Totallympics

19 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

In women's K1 i didn't find Funk, Fox, Franklin or Jones on the results sheet. Didn't they participate?

The same in men's C1: Didn't find Tasiadis, Anton, Burgess or Westley on the results sheet ... !?

For Germans, the reason is prosaic. The 5 rounds internal Olympic Qualification already started for :GER , and the World Cup 2 (last weekend) and 3 (this weekend) are not counted. The opening stage of this years World Cup instead was counted as the first of the 5 counted events, so this is why for example Tasiadis decided to not compete last week in Bratislava and this weekend in Tacen.

He is just saving energy for more important races, since the fight between him and Anton is gonna to be really entertaining.

The same apply for :FRA and :SVK the internal qualifications already started, and the fatc that there is a lot in the game, is visible in the results of both nations, the :FRAathletes were too much nervous last week in Bratislava, which was their internal qualification start

@Olympian1010 Evy Leibfarth did it again, in  both finals K1 and C1 also this weekend in Tacen. Right now she is assured also of her best careers result, 4th place at worst in C1, Jessice Fox and Ana Satila still to go

Such an incredible talent. she will be the future of this sport no doubt.

Jessica Fox leading with only Satila still to go...

Remember the :AUS NOC ordered Jessica to win 2 C1 world cup races this season, tobe able to qualify for the Olympics in this event, otherwise she will not be allowed to fight for the :AUS quota in the C1 class...

EDIT: Satila messed it up right now...Fox won...bummer.. MEH !!!

meanwhile: First careers WC podium for the 15 years old Evy Leibfarth !!! :hyper:

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

@Olympian1010 Evy Leibfarth did it again, in  both finals K1 and C1 also this weekend in Tacen. Right now she is assured also of her best careers result, 4th place at worst in C1, Jessice Fox and Ana Satila still to go

Such an incredible talent. she will be the future of this sport no doubt.

I knew you’d tag me after looking at Casey’s Instagram before logging on today :p. Yes, she does appear to be quite good. I’ll have to keep my eye on her.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 months later...