website statistics

Men's Football CONMEBOL Copa América 2019

vinipereira

19 hours ago, LDOG said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they tie or lose to Paraguay or Qatar. This is simply a complete disaster of a team. There is no tactics, weak players in key positions (CDM, CBs), and worst of all... no attitude in most players. Today only Messi, De Paul and Lo Celso looked like they cared a bit about the match.

Argentina was playing better than Colombia until the first goal, though. Based on what we saw from Paraguay vs Qatar, it's unlikely Argentina will lose points to either one of them.

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Uruguay is dominating helpless Ecuador, 3-0 after 1st half and it looks like Cavani and Suarez are still hungry for more 

Uruguay was the favourite but I didn't know Ecuador was so weak right now.

what CONMEBOL thinks about this Japanese squad ?! did they know Japan will send a youth team when they invited Japan ? almost the whole squad is U23 (with only few exceptions) and I didn't know most of these players before tonight

still they didn't play that bad. 4-0 is a terrible result but Japan had enough chances to score 2 or 3.

I can't believe Argentina has only 1 point so far. Now they have to pray for Colombia to not lose to Paraguay. With Colombia being qualified already it is very possible to play against Paraguay with most of the substitutes and this can be a great opportunity for Paraguay to qualify. Qatar almost made another surprise after they drawn in first match. Will be interesting their match against Argentina. Anyway, Paraguay's coach has right: Qatar and Japan should not play here and a bigger tournament with nations from North, Central and South America would be more attractive. The best proof for this is the fact that Japan is in holiday in Brazil, not for playing football:d

5 hours ago, crovitlaci said:

What's the reason the games have so few spectators?

1. Exorbitant ticket prices that don't match our reality (so high that the Brazil opening match has now the best revenue of all time for the team);
2. General lack of interest (not a lot of people seem to care about the team anymore, and the sentiment carries over to other matches, especially when big teams are not involved);
3. Discrepancies between tickets sold x people attending (it is reported that in some cases the sponsors had like 8k seats available in a match and didn't use most of it).

In the end, the Copa America committee doesn't care a lot about low attendance, as they still are getting big bucks because of the average ticket price of R$ 300 - which is, in fact, bigger than the 2014 World Cup (!).

Brazil is planning of hosting the next Women's WC, and if we get this tournament, I hope the organizing committee is not so greedy.