website statistics

Men's Football CONMEBOL Copa América 2019

vinipereira

People are so excited that this didn't even had a thread yet? :p

In all seriousness, people really are not talking about this. In their last friendly before competition, Brazil won 7-0 against Honduras in a half-empty stadium (and I'm being generous, 'cause I think there was like 15k spectators), something that would never happen a few years ago. The recent failures of the team and the whole Neymar scandal might have something to do with this.

hace 1 hora, vinipereira dijo:

People are so excited that this didn't even had a thread yet? :p

In all seriousness, people really are not talking about this. In their last friendly before competition, Brazil won 7-0 against Honduras in a half-empty stadium (and I'm being generous, 'cause I think there was like 15k spectators), something that would never happen a few years ago. The recent failures of the team and the whole Neymar scandal might have something to do with this.

Well, in Brazil you only accept victory. I do not think even football can escape this. Besides the fact that Brazil only plays against horrible teams at home. Nobody wants to pay to watch Brazil play alone.

This team can not even think of a failure now or the national team will definitely become a joke (if not already became)

14 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

Well, in Brazil you only accept victory. I do not think even football can escape this. Besides the fact that Brazil only plays against horrible teams at home. Nobody wants to pay to watch Brazil play alone.

This team can not even think of a failure now or the national team will definitely become a joke (if not already became)

I don't think this championship means that much, there's literally no excitement for it. Even if Brazil wins it, it won't entirely restore the faith in the team (for general perception, though, maybe would be good since we haven't won anything in quite some time).

hace 2 horas, konig dijo:

Predictable result, Argentina is sure to advance to the next part of the tournament only because Qatar is in the group and the two best thirds advances to the nextround.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tie or lose to Paraguay or Qatar. This is simply a complete disaster of a team. There is no tactics, weak players in key positions (CDM, CBs), and worst of all... no attitude in most players. Today only Messi, De Paul and Lo Celso looked like they cared a bit about the match.