website statistics

Countries you tend to cheer for that you don’t live in

18 minutes ago, MHSN said:

for some reasons I don't know :d I always support :ITA Italy when they don't face Iranian teams. I even have a relatively good knowledge about the Italian sport in general (obviously not as good as Italian users but still)

beside that I usually support the underdog, I also mostly support other Asian countries except just one :d

Now I'm curious which one :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Now I'm curious which one :p 

Can't you guess yourself ? :d Saudi Arabia

and if you wonder why. (but I guess you don't lol ) if you check an Iranian sport forum, they usually use the word "Sauding" instead of bribing. just to give you an idea why I (and almost everybody else here) don't like them.

34 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I don't care about the flag... usually I support the athletes, some names are :SVK Sagan, :LTU Palšytė, :JPN Kobayashi, :JPN Kasai, :RUS Soldatova and a lot of other names.

Speaking about countries, i love the small countries and the dutch archery team :p  

Does anybody *not* root for Kasai?

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Can't you guess yourself ? :d Saudi Arabia

and if you wonder why. (but I guess you don't lol ) if you check an Iranian sport forum, they usually use the word "Sauding" instead of bribing. just to give you an idea why I (and almost everybody else here) don't like them.

Keeping track of which country hates which other country in that entire region is just utterly impossible for me, so my guess was pretty much "any country besides Iran in the whole extended Gulf region" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

41 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:cheer: 

The reason this is my UI on a Dutch forum :p

Fw4k3qm.png

Can I have a link to said form. I want to see what secrets you guys are hiding from us

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Keeping track of which country hates which other country in that entire region is just utterly impossible for me, so my guess was pretty much "any country besides Iran in the whole extended Gulf region" :p 

It’s cause the Netherlands has no haters, since y’all are one of the leaders in international, have areas where pot (weed, Mary Jane, kush, marijuana, whatever other slang terms there are) is not, not illegal, and you guys are always so happy on your little cycles and skates and canals. (Also, huge fan of Dutch treats (as in candy and food in general))

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

well there are some stupid people here in my country that enjoy to generalize and call them all "Arab countries" which is shameful but I know well enough about all countries in the region and to me it's just Saudi Arabia and it has nothing to do with politics. I usually even support athletes from Egypt, Tunisia, Kuwait and Oman (Bahrain was in my list before they start buying athletes left and right)

Iran and Egypt has no political relationships for decades (for a stupid reason though) but I can say for example Mohamed Salah is VERY popular here. it's not about politics. I really don't want to go further because If I do I have to say some not-good things about the country in general.

Most of the time :URU simply because they are a small Argentina.

In other continents:  

-I don't normally support any European nations because most of them are sport powerhouses, but :ITA is the one that I mostly sympathize with, many times they have a nice underdog mentality that is very charming.

Also, just to be incendiary:p: Serbia>Croatia, Ireland>UK, Netherlands>Belgium, Norway>Sweden and Denmark, Greece>Turkey, Lithuania > Latvia & Estonia, Slovakia and Czechia are the same in my support.

-In Asia, :PAK mostly because of hockey tradition and their problems compared to their big neighbours to the east.  

-in Africa I especially like the southern countries ( :NAM:RSA:ZIM )because of rugby tradition and the history of racial oppression related to it, but I will support any african nation most of the time.  

And that's it. I think the only countries I would never support in any sport are USA and China. It's like cheering for McDonald's or Coca-Cola.

Edited by LDOG

8 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Most of the time :URU simply because they are a small Argentina.

And that's it. I think the only countries I would never support in any sport are USA and China. It's like cheering for McDonald's or Coca-Cola.

Damn! You just did Uruguay dirty.

Also, I totally agree with what you said about the US and China, and to be fair when I watch the Olympics McDonalds and Coca-Cola advertising is everywhere, so it does feel like you’re cheering for them almost (which is just disgusting)