website statistics

Countries you tend to cheer for that you don’t live in

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Anyone supporting certain countries at the African Games?

I always support 

:MRI

:SEY 

:CPV

:MOZ

And l like a lot of the Western African nations. :BEN, :TOG, :GAB, :SEN

anyone besides :EGY, :TUN, :ALG, :MAR, :RSA, :ZIM. They win too much, or don’t take the games seriously 

The less you generally hear about a country, the more I like it when they win. Benin or something, Mauritania, or Niger. The kind of country that literally never makes the news here.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Anyone supporting certain countries at the African Games?

I always support 

:MRI

:SEY 

:CPV

:MOZ

And l like a lot of the Western African nations. :BEN, :TOG, :GAB, :SEN

anyone besides :EGY, :TUN, :ALG, :MAR, :RSA, :ZIM. They win too much, or don’t take the games seriously 

I started to support Angola men's basketball team badly years ago, in the golden years of Olimpio Cipriano. I follow Angolan athletes also in other sports since then.

Just now, heywoodu said:

The less you generally hear about a country, the more I like it when they win. Benin or something, Mauritania, or Niger. The kind of country that literally never makes the news here.

Unless there’s a terror attack, Ebola outbreak, flood/famine, or coup :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Unless there’s a terror attack, Ebola outbreak, flood/famine, or coup :p

That's how the Central African Republic or Sierra Leone or Congo or something at least get some rare news here, but countries like Benin...nope, nothing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

That's how the Central African Republic or Sierra Leone or Congo or something at least get some rare news here, but countries like Benin...nope, nothing :p 

Benin been the news here lately. They had a complete, fair, and transparent democracy for the last 20 years. The current president decided 20 years was enough. Riots, protest, military shoots at opposition protestors, etc.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

While we are with Benin....

I literally know nothing about Chad other than they have almost no water sources.

Never make the news for anything, none sport success to talk about, not even in football (I know no player from them, every francophone african country has at least one decent player for gods sake!). Even their flag is unremarkable because everyone thinks it's Romania.

Just now, LDOG said:

While we are with Benin....

I literally know nothing about Chad other than they have almost no water sources.

Never make the news for anything, none sport success to talk about, not even in football (I know no player from them, every francophone african country has at least one decent player for gods sake!). Even their flag is unremarkable because everyone thinks it's Romania.

Yeah, Chad is an even better example :d To add to all that, most people will probably think you're cheering for some rando named Chad.

Just now, ofan said:

Any team the United States is competing against

Any team Canada is getting silver too :p. There’s quite of few choices :lol:

Some fun facts about Benin and Chad for you guys:

Benin's largest city Cotonou is where the 'Cotonou Agreement' was signed in 2000. This agreement between the EU and developing countries has shaped European-African development relations for at least 15 years and the current era in development cooperation is occasionally named 'Post-Cotonou'.

Chad is mostly known for its poverty and ranking among the lowest countries in the development indices. It was involved in the Darfur conflicts in Sudan in the early 2000s and houses many Sudanese and Central African refugees. Despite not being in any formal wars, the instability of its national government and the numerous refugee streams lead to a UN peacekeeping mission being deployed in the region.

This doesn't give many hope to this wishing to cheer for Beninese or Chadian athletes, but I wanted to spread some trivia.:p