website statistics

Who would you like to be your nation's flagbearer at Tokyo 2020?

2 hours ago, Jur said:

In :ESP non-written rule is that tne flagbearer is someone tha has a previous gold medal. Taking that, it's between 3 people:

Saul Craviotto (Canoeing): Olympic champion, multiple medallist and pretty popular and well known face (He's a big star since he won Celebrity Masterchef, nation's biggest tv show nowadays). He was already the flagbearer at the 2012 closing ceremony.

Mireia Belmonte (Swimming): Olympic champion, multiple medallist, well known face, 2018 Mediterranean Games flagbearer . Only thing against her is usually swimmers are not alowed in the opening ceremony since they compite next day...

Lidia Valentín (Weighlifting): Olympic champion, multiple medallist, known face (not so much compared to the other two), In her favor is the "social justice" of her having three medals but only one podium in her oympic carreer due to dopers, so she deserves an olympic big moment.

What about Carolina Marin?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

If I can pick anyone... then me!

I don't know how this sequence of events would occur but oh well

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

:NED 

Epke Zonderland (gymnastics, very likeable and pleasant Olympic champion, spectacular gymnast)
Annemiek van Vleuten (road cycling, she almost died during last Olympic road race when she was on her way to gold, but crashed)

Lobke Berkhout (sailing, she retired in 2012, but decided to come back and qualified surprisingly for the Olympics, won already silver and bronze medals)

hace 12 minutos, rybak dijo:

For :POL I would choose Anita Włodarczyk but I believe that she doesn't want be flag bearer, then it could be an volleyball player or someone who will retire after Tokyo Games.

Wilfredo León if you want to appeal the progressive, Kubiak if you want to appeal the racists :lol:

Well obviously in Egypt no one deserves this right more than Mohamed Ihab in Weightlifting , but could be someone else as long as there's a beleif that whoever holds the flag , it jinx him , so i'd say Alaaeldin Abouelkassem in fencing will be our next flag bearer as he won an Olympic silver and he won't be among favorites to win a medal in Tokyo , if we want a woman then it should be Sara Samir or Hedaya Malak 

27 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Well obviously in Egypt no one deserves this right more than Mohamed Ihab in Weightlifting , but could be someone else as long as there's a beleif that whoever holds the flag , it jinx him , so i'd say Alaaeldin Abouelkassem in fencing will be our next flag bearer as he won an Olympic silver and he won't be among favorites to win a medal in Tokyo , if we want a woman then it should be Sara Samir or Hedaya Malak 

There are actually people who believe in jinxing like this? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!