website statistics

Who would you like to be your nation's flagbearer at Tokyo 2020?

If Italy qualifies in 3 m synchronized diving and if Cagnotto  and Dallape will be chosen, I think Tania will be our flegbearer, the other s great names are Paltrinieri,Clemente Russo, Ivan Zaytsev, if men volleyball will qualify, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Paola Egonu with Italian flag, Elisa Di Francisca. In my opinion is arrived the time to give shooting the deserved premium and give the flag to someone among Jessica Rossi, Chiara Cainero, Gabriele Rossetti or the great Johnny Pellielo, if he qualifies

Edited by Andry84

Regarding Italy, considering who and which teams could qualify, I consider as possible flagbearers Egonu, Zaytsev (volleyball), Nibali (cycling), Zaniolo, Gama (football, it is very unlikely Italy qualifies, but in case...). Apart from Nibali, I think that this time Italian flagbearer will come from team sports, and if this is going to be true Zaytsev will be the first choice, followed by Egonu, (with all subsequent consequences of choosing Egonu). I would have loved Campriani, but sadly he retired. 

However, if I could choose, I would like Letizia Paternoster or Gabriele Rossetti

Edited by AlFHg

2 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

If Italy qualifies in 3 m synchronized diving and if Cagnotto  and Dallape will be chosen, I think Tania will be our flegbearer, the other s great names are Paltrinieri,Clemente Russo, Ivan Zaytsev, if men volleyball will qualify, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Paola Egonu with Italian flag, Elisa Di Francisca. In my opinion is arrived the time to give shooting the deserved premium and give the flag to Jessica Rossi, Chiara Cainero, Gabriele Rossetti or the great Johnny Pellielo, if he qualifies

I will be really disappointed if Ivan Zaytsev, after the "Mizuro case" I was deeply disappointed with his behavior

42 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Due to the curse of Polish flagbearer (very rarely our flagbearer gets a medal at the Olympics) I'd like it to be Paweł Spisak - we don't have a chance for a medal in eventing anyway, and it will be his fifth Olympics, which is quite a big achievement in Poland. But to be honest Piotr Małachowski deserves it the most - twice Olympic silver and a big heart - he started the tradition of charity auction at the Polish Sport Champions Ball, an annual event at the Sportsman of the Year gala, giving away his diamonds from Diamond League. But still I wish him that Olympic gold, for which he needs to be in a lifetime shape just a step before his retirement.

I have a feeling it will be one of the volleyball players ;)

Peter Sagan.

Probably no one else has so much popularized Slovakia in the world as he did. 

but since the Road Race is always schedulled already the next morning, no way he´ll receive that honor he deserve so much.

so it will probably be one of our Rio 2016 medalists, If I can, I would bet on one of Matej Tóth (Athletics 50km Race Walk 2016 Olympic champion and 2015 World Champion) or Erik Vlček (the immortal Canoe Sprint Slovak legend) and only :SVK athlete who competed at all Olympic Games in this century 2000, 2004 (Bronze K4-1000), 2008, 2012 and 2016 (Silver in K4-1000M) and is more than expected to be part of our K4 (hopefully we will qualify) also in Tokyo 2020

In other hand, one thing is pretty sure it will not be anyone from combat sports or team sports...for obvious reason that you can not be a flagbearer in your living room while sitting on your couch in front of your TV  :p

37 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Peter Sagan.

Probably no one else has so much popularized Slovakia in the world as he did. 

but since the Road Race is always schedulled already the next morning, no way he´ll receive that honor he deserve so much.

so it will probably be one of our Rio 2016 medalists, If I can, I would bet on one of Matej Tóth (Athletics 50km Race Walk 2016 Olympic champion and 2015 World Champion) or Erik Vlček (the immortal Canoe Sprint Slovak legend) and only :SVK athlete who competed at all Olympic Games in this century 2000, 2004 (Bronze K4-1000), 2008, 2012 and 2016 (Silver in K4-1000M) and is more than expected to be part of our K4 (hopefully we will qualify) also in Tokyo 2020

In other hand, one thing is pretty sure it will not be anyone from combat sports or team sports...for obvious reason that you can not be a flagbearer in your living room while sitting on your couch in front of your TV  :p

Maybe, if Sagan aims more to MTB, this may happen :D