web
analytics

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

• Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Totallympics

Wrestling UWW Junior European Championships 2019

the most annoying thing watching wrestling is hearing coaches (and other team members) constantly shouting "Red Passive" or "Blue Passive"  :facepalm: I wonder if that really has affects on the refs or not. (i highly doubt that) but if that was up to me I would ban that word "Passive" in the stadium :d

On 05/06/2019 at 19:56, MHSN said:

the most annoying thing watching wrestling is hearing coaches (and other team members) constantly shouting "Red Passive" or "Blue Passive"  :facepalm: I wonder if that really has affects on the refs or not. (i highly doubt that) but if that was up to me I would ban that word "Passive" in the stadium :d

Does this happen in Asia also or is it just an European oddity? I heard these shouts every day at European Ch'ships in April

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, zob79 said:

Does this happen in Asia also or is it just an European oddity? I heard these shouts every day at European Ch'ships in April

it happens everywhere. just a common thing in wrestling, mostly in Greco-Roman because the criteria for passivity cautions isn't that clear so they think they can make the referee's mind by shouting Red/Blue passive for the entire 6 minutes. it's not like they really believe they deserve a caution or not. they start shouting "passive" after probably 20-30 seconds into the match.

in Asia, they usually use bigger stadiums, so you usually only hear two coaches around the mat shouting that, but from what I see in Europe, most of the time the other team members are right behind the judge and you hear something like 20-30 persons even make a song with that "Red pa-ssive, red pa-ssive, red pa-ssive " damn I would want to punch all of them :d

as you know each wrestler can have two coaches near the mat, one of the sitting right next to the mat and the other one 2-3 meters far from the mat. for Iranian coaches, usually one of them gives technical advice (again, non-stop for the entire 6 minutes) and the other one's responsibility is to just shout red/blue passive ! it's always fun for me to watch those matches in livestream where you can hear the coaches, most of them Iranian coaches say funny things but sometimes that "passive passive" chant make it impossible to hear what they are saying. another reason why I hate it :d

Edited by MHSN
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MHSN said:

in Asia, they usually use bigger stadiums, so you usually only hear two coaches around the mat shouting that, but from what I see in Europe, most of the time the other team members are right behind the judge and you hear something like 20-30 persons even make a song with that "Red pa-ssive, red pa-ssive, red pa-ssive " damn I would want to punch all of them :d

Here we can see a hobby of russian team members: they shouted insults at our girl; that's why she mockingly applauded them after the finish. Even the russian competitor used filthy language; watch at 8:22

Edited by zob79
  • Like 1