web
analytics
Jump to content
Totallympics

Archery WA World Championships 2019

Recommended Posts

disaster, absolute disaster for Italy...it couldn't have gone worse...

 

preliminary round against the always tricky and dangerous Malaysia and then, if we're good enough to get until there, the Olympic play-off in the 1/8 finals against CHN, the worst possible opponent for us...

 

good bye, Tokyo...:bye:

 

no need to make any comment on the good score by Nespoli, because in any case he's gonna lose as always in the 1st round of the knock-out stage...

 

meanwhile Pasqualucci and Galiazzo...:facepalm:

 

p.s. but why Galiazzo is still there??? :wall::wall::wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

And at the end Valladont is in! :cheer:

 

Olympic Quota Men's Match

:KOR South Korea vs :ESP Spain / :BAN Bangladesh

:GBR Great Britain vs :JPN Japan / :IRI Iran / :CZE Czech Republic

:CHN China vs :ITA Italy / :MAS Malaysia

:TUR Turkey vs :BRA Brazil / :AUS Australia

:TPE Taipei vs :GER Germany / :FRA France

:CAN Canada vs :IND India / :NOR Norway

:USA United States vs :FIN Finland / :KAZ Kazakhstan

:NED Netherlands vs :RUS Russia / :UKR Ukraine

 

my picks...

 

KOR, JPN, CHN, TUR, FRA, IND, USA and NED will qualify for Tokyo 2020...

and as we have Japan in the top 8, I guess there will be also a wonderful tournament for the 9th place (or will that spot be reallocated? :mumble:)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phelps said:

disaster, absolute disaster for Italy...it couldn't have gone worse...

 

preliminary round against the always tricky and dangerous Malaysia and then, if we're good enough to get until there, the Olympic play-off in the 1/8 finals against CHN, the worst possible opponent for us...

 

good bye, Tokyo...:bye:

 

no need to make any comment on the good score by Nespoli, because in any case he's gonna lose as always in the 1st round of the knock-out stage...

 

meanwhile Pasqualucci and Galiazzo...:facepalm:

 

p.s. but why Galiazzo is still there??? :wall::wall::wall:

I remeber that Italy can defeat anyone and we are still currently world champion.

Archery is a sport of centimeters and a bit of luck ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

my picks...

 

KOR, JPN, CHN, TUR, FRA, IND, USA and NED will qualify for Tokyo 2020...

and as we have Japan in the top 8, I guess there will be also a wonderful tournament for the 9th place (or will that spot be reallocated? :mumble:)...

The Japan quota will be eventually reallocated in the qualification tournament

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, phelps said:

disaster, absolute disaster for Italy...it couldn't have gone worse...

 

preliminary round against the always tricky and dangerous Malaysia and then, if we're good enough to get until there, the Olympic play-off in the 1/8 finals against CHN, the worst possible opponent for us...

 

good bye, Tokyo...:bye:

 

no need to make any comment on the good score by Nespoli, because in any case he's gonna lose as always in the 1st round of the knock-out stage...

 

meanwhile Pasqualucci and Galiazzo...:facepalm:

 

p.s. but why Galiazzo is still there??? :wall::wall::wall:

Same for the german men, absolutely abysmal performance ...

Do you know when the women's qualification will take place?

 

My picks:

 

:KOR

:JPN

:CHN or :ITA

:TUR

:TPE or :FRA

:CAN or :IND

:USA

:NED

 

The match between GB and Japan will be the most important one. If GB eliminates Japan, there is a very good chance that at least 2 out of Italy/China/France/India will miss out.

I think even if Italy will be eliminated by China they still have a realistic chance to get in. Japan has a shot at eliminating GB and i would favor Italy over GB/France/Taipei/India/Canada/Russia.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

 

Do you know when the women's qualification will take place?

 

 

This afternoon at 3:00 pm.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

 

Do you know when the women's qualification will take place?

 

In 20 minutes time

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Do you know when the women's qualification will take place?

It will starts in 30/40 minutes

Edited by Gianlu33
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

 

This afternoon at 3:00 pm.

Any livestream?

Based on the world rankings it looks as if Germany is in a very good spot to finish top 6 or at least top 8 in qualification. Do you agree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Any livestream?

Based on the world rankings it looks as if Germany is in a very good spot to finish top 6 or at least top 8 in qualification. Do you agree?

 

I don't really follow archery. I like it a lot, but I hardly ever watch it (no wonder, it's basically never broadcasted here).

 

But based on rankings and past results I agree that they should have a good chance finish top 8. But that's all I can say. :p

Edited by EselTheDonkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...