website statistics

Archery WA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Oh, the lovely times when San Marino ans Belize having relays was a common sight. Too bad we'll never experience that. :(

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

At the Olympics...but I meant in general this should also be their best results ever in global championships in Olympic sports.

There was an American competing for Bangladesh in gymnastics at the 2012 Olympics. I remember he scored 15.000 in the parallel bars, and this must have been enough for a top 15 finish.

EDIT: I was wrong. He scored 14.766 and placed 27th. Still huge considering he finished 134th on this apparatus at the 2011 World Championships.

Edited by thiago_simoes

33 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Wouldn't the extra quota be reallocated to the final qualification tournament?

The quota gets reallocated according to this:

First, to any other eligible NOC at the Pan Am Games (also applying to European and Asian Games) that has an archer in the top 4. Here i think USA archers (already qualified) plus Dueñas will finish in the podium, yet any of the other countries have an archer capable of reaching semis.

And only if there isn't a NOC fulfilling conditions above, then it gets added to FQT individual places.

6 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

The quota gets reallocated according to this:

First, to any other eligible NOC at the Pan Am Games (also applying to European and Asian Games) that has an archer in the top 4. Here i think USA archers (already qualified) plus Dueñas will finish in the podium, yet any of the other countries have an archer capable of reaching semis.

And only if there isn't a NOC fulfilling conditions above, then it gets added to FQT individual places.

From the qualification document

"If any of the three (3) NOCs that qualified three (3) quota places through the FTQT had already obtained one (1) quota place for the individual competition, this individual quota place will be added to the list of available quota places at the Final World Individual Qualifying Tournament (see below)"

So basically, should a nation qualify a team quota they are technically only given two athlete quotas and the third one will be applied to the final qualification tournament.

28 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

So basically, should a nation qualify a team quota they are technically only given two athlete quotas and the third one will be applied to the final qualification tournament.

Practically true interpretation, though not 100% express the theory - in fact it gives three athlete quota and cancels the one achieved earlier and the latter is given to individual FOQT.

Olympic Ranking Tournament Recurve Women

1/2 semifinals

:MEX Alejandra Valencia 6 - 5 :FRA Audrey Adiceom

:SWE Christine Bjerendal 6 - 0 :DEN Maja Jager

Bronze match

:DEN Maja Jager 6 - 0 :FRA Audrey Adiceom

Gold Match

:SWE Christine Bjerendal 6 - 5 :MEX Alejandra Valencia

Olympic Quotas:

:SWE, :MEX, :DEN 

Edited by wumo26