Totallympics

Men’s Qualifiers so far:

Brady Ellison :USA

MD Ruman Shana :BAN

2 out of these 3 will qualify also:

Mauro Nespoli :ITA

Jack Williams :USA

Khairul Anuar Mohamad :MAS

Khairul Anuar Mohamad :MAS just qualified because he beat Jack Williams :USA 7-3.

The final individual qualification spot will be between Williams :USA and Nespoli :ITA

4 minutes ago, bmo said:

Khairul Anuar Mohamad :MAS just qualified because he beat Jack Williams :USA 7-3.

The final individual qualification spot will be between Williams :USA and Nespoli :ITA

Nations can only qualify one quota in the individual event

14 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Best result ever for Bangladesh in an Olympic sport?

25th Position in Qualifying by Abdullah Baki in 10m Air Rifle. However till date Siddikur Rahman in Golf was the only Bangladeshi Qualifier. Rest all were tripartite invitation. 

32 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Unfortunate for Canada.

Two more quotas for Asia in men's recurve. I think the first two continental quotas would go to :MGL and :VIE the third one is quite open.

Maybe Thailand could get 1. Also Mongolia could qualify a mixed team from the Asian Games quota, as North Korea ' may reject' the quota citing poor medal chances just as they have done so many times. A no show at the world championship is just a indicator I believe. 

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I used Wikipedia as a source (they had Five quota places at the WC), and they seem to have the free spot from the Asian Games reallocated at the World Championships instead of giving it to Indonesia. I think that's wrong, so four of the five will win a quota place?

Unused continental games individual quotas are re-allocated until they reach the 4th place finisher. So :INA has both the men’s and women’s Asian games quota.

So, second time in history Bangladesh actually qualified an athlete for the Olympics? :hyper: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Maybe Thailand could get 1. Also Mongolia could qualify a mixed team from the Asian Games quota, as North Korea ' may reject' the quota citing poor medal chances just as they have done so many times. A no show at the world championship is just a indicator I believe. 

Perhaps. North Korea is a bit of a wildcard sometimes. They could have easily have missed the world championships because they knew they had no chance at winning a team quota and since they already have an Olympic quota it would be seen as a waste of money to travel there.

10 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

25th Position in Qualifying by Abdullah Baki in 10m Air Rifle. However till date Siddikur Rahman in Golf was the only Bangladeshi Qualifier. Rest all were tripartite invitation. 

At the Olympics...but I meant in general this should also be their best results ever in global championships in Olympic sports.