website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2019

Totallympics

Sad to see such low attendance figures at non-host games in some places, but well - this tournament  means basically nothing these days ( To the point it doesn't even give the winner a single point to the World Ranking) many teams plays with what's not even their B teams (Serbia...), some games take place at really ridiculous time (Really? 13:00 Local time?) and I can't  understand why they use  this tournament formula at all. The formula used in the 2000's and shortly brought back in 2014, where each country only played 2 home or away games with the same opponent in a given weekend, with no matches on the neutral ground was much, much better.

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

5 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Sad to see such low attendance figures at non-host games in some places, but well - this tournament  means basically nothing these days ( To the point it doesn't even give the winner a single point to the World Ranking) many teams plays with what's not even their B teams (Serbia...), some games take place at really ridiculous time (Really? 13:00 Local time?) and I can't  understand why they use  this tournament formula at all. The formula used in the 2000's and shortly brought back in 2014, where each country only played 2 home or away games with the same opponent in a given weekend, with no matches on the neutral ground was much, much better.

13:00 on a weekend day or holiday seems perfect, but on a regular work day....yeah, not so much :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Good game of Flavio and Leal, both are important names that can improve our team for the most important competitions. :yes Now I hope that Alan, our young opposite, may have an opportunity.

And Australia !! They are playing very well so far in the competition. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Iran just wansted a huge opportunity to defeat Brazil 3-1:wall:

I prefer to simply forget that 4th set (and those wasted match points) and looking at the bright side, losing 3-2 to Brazil is a very good result :p

Iran is wonderful, when that team reaches its potential it will be difficult to stop. 

What Alan's game. Flavio very well too. Brazil forming a very strong second team, which is excellent since the main athletes are often very irregular.