website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2019

Totallympics

This competition is just to close to the end of the club season. I hate seeing teams play without their best players. It needs to start at the end of june, then have a slight break in august, when it's not an Olympic year and have the big championship in september. Way better schedule..

28 minutes ago, LDOG said:

How can Serbia play at home with a squad like this? No respect for the fans that buy tickets.

No reason for them to do anything different if they are already qualified for like 5 next editions of the Nations League :wall: Fans bought tickets, federations got their money, everyone's happy  (except the fans :( )

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

This tournament is a complete joke. Not just because of the b teams, but mostly because everyone plays like they don't give two shits. 

Nothing really matters, this doesn't qualify for anything, it's just a bother amid preparation for the real qualifiers which are in 2 months, ranking points are laughable, it's 15 games just to make the finals, the main leagues finished like 2 days ago...

I miss the old World League of the 90s/early 00s :cry: almost all teams cared, B teams were rare and the title had prestige.

I get the idea that they want all the big teams to play each other. Have more matches, no small groups, no playing the same teams 4 times like in the past. For me it's fairer this way. 

But then the no relegation rule is just pure BS. Just make the last 2 teams drop, no matter who they are. With 16 teams, the biggest nations will never be in last either way. Also fix the schedule, like i said in a couple of posts. If you want to make the teams play even more serious, give quotas to the Olympics from the VNL. Make a cumulative table of the 3 editions between OG and the top 2 teams earn a spot. There are ways to make this thing not look like a throw-away competition. 

PS. Good first game for us and a nice win. Didn't watch it, because it was in the middle of the night here, but from the clips i saw, we played with enjoyment. Great performance by Uchikov and with the return of Sokolov this summer, we can have options in attack.