website statistics

Rowing FISA European Championships 2019

Totallympics

Well that women's four was a rather dull affair :p 

Hopefully the men are more interesting now.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Italy tried an attack in the lightweight double sculls, Germany said no way :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Another exciting prospect for Irish rowing in the lightweight men's double. We have the O'Donovan brothers and now we have the McCarthy twins in the same event. They finished in 5th place today in their first major regatta and at 22-years-of-age should improve a lot in the coming years.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

So world champs silver medal is somewhere last in the final, world champion isn't even in the A-final...what's this? :p 

I dont think this means much, they are probably preparing for the next olympics already. Of course its nice to see Germany finally doing great in the single scull again, but i will wait with my judgement until after the olympics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Come on, why do the Dutch only win their golds with big margins instead of awesome finals? :p 

What a finish in the women's eights between Romania and Great Britain :hyper:

Very good world championships for Germany and the Netherlands, GB a bit disappointing. The Netherlands are showing great progress and they could have easily won the medal table.

From a german perspective the results in men's eight, men's single sculls and women's quadruple sculls were expected, but the gold medals in women's double sculls and men's lightweight double sculls were rather surprising. In my opinion 6 medals in olympic disciplines should always be the goal for Germany at world championships and olympic games. The men's quadruple sculls result was rather disappointing from a german perspective, i hope that they can turn it around again.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 02/06/2019 at 17:27, OlympicsFan said:

Very good world championships for Germany and the Netherlands, GB a bit disappointing. The Netherlands are showing great progress and they could have easily won the medal table.

From a german perspective the results in men's eight, men's single sculls and women's quadruple sculls were expected, but the gold medals in women's double sculls and men's lightweight double sculls were rather surprising. In my opinion 6 medals in olympic disciplines should always be the goal for Germany at world championships and olympic games. The men's quadruple sculls result was rather disappointing from a german perspective, i hope that they can turn it around again.

I think Men's Lightweight Double Scull is not that surprising. Jason Osborne is sitting in this boat now, and he won Gold at the World Championships last year in lightweight Single's.

On 04/06/2019 at 09:52, EselTheDonkey said:

I think Men's Lightweight Double Scull is not that surprising. Jason Osborne is sitting in this boat now, and he won Gold at the World Championships last year in lightweight Single's.

I think it's surprising because Italy is the current world champion? and the german guys only started competing together a couple of weeks ago. I would say that considering their age and the fact that they just started competing together, they are only gonna get better. The same should be true for Oliver Zeidler. I think women's double sculls is the biggest question mark, this could have been a fluke performance. The 6 boats that won medals here + men's quadruple sculls should be medal contenders at the world championships and the olympics. I would say Zeidler, the men's eight, the men's lightweight double sculls and the women's quadruple sculls have a very good chance of medalling at those events and one or two out of women's double sculls, men's four and men's quadruple sculls will hopefully medal there too. The last time that Germany won more than 4 medals in rowing at the olympics was in 2000!