website statistics

Rowing FISA European Championships 2019

Totallympics

7 hours ago, zob79 said:

Schedule here

Is no one interested in this competition?

Well I’m not European. It doesn’t matter in the long run. Put simply, there are other sports I’m interested in this weekend.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well I’m not European. It doesn’t matter in the long run. Put simply, there are other sports I’m interested in this weekend.

I get your point :) my post was aimed mainly at Europeans.

Out of curiosity, what sports will you be watching this wk?

5 hours ago, phelps said:

it looks quite a god morning for Italy (racing in Luzern with the full A-team)...

as usual, only the senior Singles and the men's Eight don't look so effective...:facepalm::wall:

Pretty good day for us too; only women's Eight keeps on disappointing, it seems we're still far away from assembling a quality crew, although the selection pool is large. Also slight upset from men's Four, but they seem to have found their rhythm in repechage. Great performance from women's Four, a new lineup, which beat the current world champion Poland and qualified directly to the final.

Lots of countries have brought here their A-teams; no more time for experiments, as this is the last major test before World champs, where most of the Olympic quotas will be awarded. This should bring us some exciting finals on Sunday :champion:

Edited by zob79

It's hard to get excited for a sport that practically has 3 events in the year and they are nowhere to be seen on the TV. No build-up, no promotion, don't know who are the best athletes, are they competing?

The European Games are the perfect thing for such federations / sports to get some attention on them. I can't understand, why they don't want to make the event like a mini-Olympics..

8 hours ago, zob79 said:

I get your point :) my post was aimed mainly at Europeans.

Out of curiosity, what sports will you be watching this wk?

Cycling, GSSE highlights, X Games, maybe some old European Games replays to get hyped for this edition. It’s the first week of summer here in America, so I probably just relax too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela