website statistics

Men's Cricket ICC World Cup 2019

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Now I am literally shocked ! :d but  I feel now like you have mentioned it to me a few years ago, right? If yes, than I apologize for forgetting :d

nah peoples are peoples, haters gonna hate, don´t take it too much seriously. every sport deserve to have it s world cup/championships even a quidditch or breakdancing :d

Now that you mention it, maybe we will see Quidditch at the 2028 Olympics. The USA are good at it too. :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQA_World_Cup

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

6 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I have zero idea about Slovakian cricket team. A simple google search revealed it.

so that was probably someone else, I have that familiar "deja vu" feeling about this case.

However, just googled it and found this. but I don´t understand, what that means non member of international Cricket Council but only pending in European Cricket Council. our team can not play non-european teams ? also that "yet to play representative cricket" thing, what is this mess, are we in or not ? :lol:

image.png

also our team played only 4 matches in its history apparently, and never won a game...

image.png

Just now, hckosice said:

so that was probably someone else, I have that familiar "deja vu" feeling about this case.

However, just googled it and found this. but I don´t understand, what that means non member of international Cricket Council but only pending in European Cricket Council. our team can not play non-european teams ? also that "yet to play representative cricket" thing, what is this mess, are we in or not ? :lol:

image.png

also our team played only 4 matches in its history apparently, and never won a game...

image.png

It means you are not in. You need to become a member of ICC to take part in official cricket. But becoming a member should not be hard, if they really tried. ICC, and all other federations, like to inflate their numbers, so grant out membership very easily. 

3 minutes ago, Dolby said:

It means you are not in. You need to become a member of ICC to take part in official cricket. But becoming a member should not be hard, if they really tried. ICC, and all other federations, like to inflate their numbers, so grant out membership very easily. 

well, that´s really dumb to never applied tor membership, if they wanted to play and established even a national federation...Slovakia, good idea :lol:

8 hours ago, Dolby said:

Same way Ice Hockey, Water Polo or Handball are Olympic sports even though nobody outside of Europe and USA/Canada play it. 

Nobody plays handball in USA/Canada, mind you. And nobody claims these events are global sports either (unlike cricket) so your arguments are dead wrong on arrival. The only true Commonwealth sport that has gained global following to a degree is rugby. But then again, South East Asia doesn't play rugby much opposite to cricket.

13 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Sorry but most populous countries?

I can agree with India , Pakistan and maybe Bangladesh. I don't see any other populous countries.

In that case badminton is popular in many most populous countries than cricket. China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, &Even India.

As a Indian I can say most people like badminton. It is may be the second or third biggest sport in viewership.

South East Asia is the most populous region in the world (if I can say India belongs to this region). Yes, badminton is so popular because it has a big following in China & India - two of the most populous countries in the world. But just because such big countries have a history in this sport it doesn't make it global or popular in the world. USA plays football but it's not a global sport. Likewise baseball which extends to Carribean & Japan but it's not a global sport. Cricket is the Commonwealth version of baseball. Very big in isolated parts of the world but only a big fish in a very small pond. And it just so happens 33% of the countries which participate in Cricket World Cup have like zero team success in every other sport in the world (Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh).

There are only 10 teams in the World Cup, you mentioned three countries and guess you can add West Indies which takes talent from all of the Carribean so that's quite a pool of talent available allthough it rivals baseball over there.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

South East Asia is the most populous region in the world (if I can say India belongs to this region). Yes, badminton is so popular because it has a big following in China & India - two of the most populous countries in the world. But just because such big countries have a history in this sport it doesn't make it global or popular in the world. USA plays football but it's not a global sport. Likewise baseball which extends to Carribean & Japan but it's not a global sport. Cricket is the Commonwealth version of baseball. Very big in isolated parts of the world but only a big fish in a very small pond. And it just so happens 33% of the countries which participate in Cricket World Cup have like zero team success in every other sport in the world (Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh).

There are only 10 teams in the World Cup, you mentioned three countries and guess you can add West Indies which takes talent from all of the Carribean so that's quite a pool of talent available allthough it rivals baseball over there.

Someone would like to have a word with you :p 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_national_kabaddi_team

Spoiler

Obviously I get the point :d )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Nobody plays handball in USA/Canada, mind you. And nobody claims these events are global sports either (unlike cricket) so your arguments are dead wrong on arrival. The only true Commonwealth sport that has gained global following to a degree is rugby. But then again, South East Asia doesn't play rugby much opposite to cricket.

Bullshit!! Can you please stop bothering of those tiny details? The meaning is clear very less nations play most of the sports competitively and that's there in quite a lot of sports. 

:offtopic: