website statistics

Men's Cricket ICC World Cup 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Dolby said:

Afghanistan and Netherlands are easily in top 15 teams in Cricket. If by some magic, ICC got some brains and we had a decent size WC of 16 teams, we would have more non-Commonwealth nations in WC. 

That's surprising, given that more people seem to care about watching paint dry here :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Dolby said:

I think it is fair to say that those teams would lose to an amateur club team from Slovakia. 

I think that you are either clearly overestimate amateur athletes in Slovakia a bit or underestimated your nations hockey skills. but that´s not the point :d

I mean, I have nothing against cricket but I am pretty sure we don´t have any team/club practicing this sport (which is sad), but India has both Ice hockey teams, so that may show that ice hockey is more worldwidely popular than cricket. but again nothing against cricket itself, I would love to have the opportunity to follow it more  :)

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I think that you are either clearly overestimate amateur athletes in Slovakia a bit or underestimated your nations hockey skills. but that´s not the point :d

I mean, I have nothing against cricket but I am pretty sure we don´t have any team/club practicing this sport (which is sad), but India has both Ice hockey teams, so that may show that ice hockey is more worldwidely popular than cricket. but again nothing against cricket itself, I would love to have the opportunity to follow it more  :)

Slovakia has a cricket club and have taken part in European T20 tournaments. 

ICC has 105 member nations while IIHF has 76 members. 

Also, I have nothing against Ice Hockey and believe it deserves its place in Olympics. I am just fed up of the hypocrisy practiced when Cricket or any other sport not popular in Europe or USA is derided as useless game played by handful of nations not even worthy to have its own World Cup while sports played in Europe are the pinnacle of human race. 

Every sport is worthy of having it's own World Cup. If a World Cup in sport X has been going on for quite some time, it means enough people are interested in competing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Dolby said:

Slovakia has a cricket club and have taken part in European T20 tournaments. 

ICC has 105 member nations while IIHF has 76 members. 

Also, I have nothing against Ice Hockey and believe it deserves its place in Olympics. I am just fed up of the hypocrisy practiced when Cricket or any other sport not popular in Europe or USA is derided as useless game played by handful of nations not even worthy to have its own World Cup while sports played in Europe are the pinnacle of human race. 

Now I am literally shocked ! :d but  I feel now like you have mentioned it to me a few years ago, right? If yes, than I apologize for forgetting :d

nah peoples are peoples, haters gonna hate, don´t take it too much seriously. every sport deserve to have it s world cup/championships even a quidditch or breakdancing :d

Just now, hckosice said:

Now I am literally shocked ! :d but  I feel now like you have mentioned it to me a few years ago, right? If yes, than I apologize for forgetting :d

nah peoples are peoples, haters gonna hate, don´t take it too much seriously. every sport deserve to have it s world cup/championships even a quidditch or breakdancing :d

I agree on most of that...but for one "activity" (in bold)...

breakdancing (and all variants of dancing, tbh) is NOT a sport! :evil::wall:

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

I have zero idea about Slovakian cricket team. A simple google search revealed it.