website statistics

Men's Cricket ICC World Cup 2019

Totallympics

just another disappointing South African outing...way too many runs given up by their bowlers...

they don't even look focused at 100% on their game...there's no fire in their eyes...

probably/most likely their CWC is already over, at least for what concerns any ambition to get a good final placing...

14 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Nice to see Bangladesh claiming a big scalp here. The format is rubbish though with a single round-robin group and only 4 of 10 team advancing. There is going to be a lot of dead rubber matches or cases where one team has nothing to play for.

I agree...they could have easily chosen to keep 12 teams (IRL and ZIM are good enough), with 2 groups of 6 and the top 4 in each group qualifying for the quarterfinals, so to have more decisive matches in the group stage and more knockout matches in the final stage...

but the International cricket Board is really hard to understand most of the times (it's the same with the Olympic participation issues)...:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

I agree...they could have easily chosen to keep 12 teams (IRL and ZIM are good enough), with 2 groups of 6 and the top 4 in each group qualifying for the quarterfinals, so to have more decisive matches in the group stage and more knockout matches in the final stage...

but the International cricket Board is really hard to understand most of the times (it's the same with the Olympic participation issues)...:facepalm:

Yes, they don't generally do things that is in the best interest of the sport. Even with this round-robin process they could have at least spiced it up a bit.... say top 2 advance directly to the semis, 3rd-6th place play in the quarter-finals. Or maybe even added in an additional incentive for those at the bottom of the table.... top 8 qualify directly for the next tournament. But they prefer to be able to make things up as they go along so that for the next World Cup they can invite who they want :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

Pakistan :yikes::yikes::yikes:

that was unexpected...

England bowlers gave up no less than 348 runs (in full 50 overs, with only 8 eliminations) to the Asians and then they couldn't make up for that with the bats in their hands...in fact, they scored only 334 runs in 50 overs (9 eliminations)...

therefore, Pakistan win by 14 runs (official score: PAK 348/8 b. ENG 334/9)...:hatoff:

now the chances of making the top 4 after the epic fail of 4 years ago are getting slimmer and slimmer for the Host Nation...

Reading your passionate posts here made me watching a match today between our neighbors Pakistan vs England and after 10 minutes my reaction was "oh no thanks, this is not my taste"

btw since we almost share the same language with Afghanistan, I can read their websites and Cricket is a huge huge sport there and also in Pakistan. (we even had street celebrations in Afghanistan when they beat Pakistan in a test match before the World Cup) but the biggest sport in two of our biggest neighbor countries almost doesn't even exist in my country. :mumble: not that I'm complaining :d

hace 1 hora, MHSN dijo:

btw since we almost share the same language with Afghanistan, I can read their websites and Cricket is a huge huge sport there and also in Pakistan. (we even had street celebrations in Afghanistan when they beat Pakistan in a test match before the World Cup) but the biggest sport in two of our biggest neighbor countries almost doesn't even exist in my country. :mumble: not that I'm complaining :d

To play this game you need to be invaded by the british at some point :p

20 minutes ago, LDOG said:

To play this game you need to be invaded by the british at some point :p

Not necessarily...You can just create your own version of it and put it in the Olympics, and then lose miserably there.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

hace 5 minutos, dcro dijo:

So where is Argentina? :p

Interesting that you ask, literally all the most popular or succesful sports here are the british ones (football, rugby, Polo, field hockey, tennis). Except Cricket.... for some reason I ignore it never took off.

Edited by LDOG