website statistics

Men's Cricket ICC World Cup 2019

Totallympics

New Zealand just destroyed Sri Lanka...

official score is " NZL win by 10 wickets"...

the explaination for those not exactly familiar with that kind of scoring system is simple...Sri Lanka batted first and scored only 136 points before all of their batters were eliminated (in only 29 overs out of the possible 50), then came the Kiwis and scored 137 points in just 16 overs, with no batsmen eliminated...therefore there was no need to go further and the match ended well in advance of the "limits" it could have reached if needed...

Edited by phelps

and after NZL's triumph over SRI, it was time for the defending World Cup Champions from Australia to thrash Afghanistan out...

official score: AUS win by 7 wickets (for the least experts: AFG scored 207 runs before 10 of their batsmen were eliminated after 38+ overs to close their offensive inning, then AUS scored 209 points in less than 35 overs to overtake them -with only 3 AUS batsmen eliminated by AFG defense in that span)...

25 minutes ago, Nate River said:

Good thing we went to ten teams so we would only have competitive matches.

well, "competitive" is quite a big word for the first 4 matches of this year's CWC...:nopompom:

hopefully, we're going to watch something more exciting in the next few days...:fingers:

10 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

In one day cricket though, any team could have a really bad day on the field or a batting collapse.... every team has had them and will continue to have them.

sure...

I was only regretting the fact that so far in this CWC we haven't seen any close and exciting match (even if I'm always excited when I watch West Indies and Chris Gayle playing...and possibly winning their matches)...