5th, :HUN Hungary,  238 Pts

6th, :UKR Ukraine,  214 Pts

7th, :POL Poland,  164 Pts

8th, :ESP Spain,  140 Pts

9th, :ROU Romania,  116 Pts

10th, :GBR Great Britain,  102 Pts

Full Ranking

http://www.fencingworldwide.com/en/competition/4582-2018/nationscup/

Expected gold for Germany despite Hartung being not really in shape. Would be very important for this team to qualify, otherwise Germany might be again without a single qualified team in Tokyo. I hope that Ebert and the men's sabre team will qualify for Tokyo, but for that especially Ebert will have to perform much better at the world championships.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

18 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Expected gold for Germany despite Hartung being not really in shape. Would be very important for this team to qualify, otherwise Germany might be again without a single qualified team in Tokyo. I hope that Ebert and the men's sabre team will qualify for Tokyo, but for that especially Ebert will have to perform much better at the world championships.

if ITA, RUS and FRA qualify as a team (and they all have very good chances), I don't see any problem for Ebert to qualify among the individualists...

but I think that GER has really good chances to qualify as a team also in the women's Foil (actually, I think it will be easier in women's Foil than in the men's Sabre because of the poor competition)...

18 minutes ago, phelps said:

if ITA, RUS and FRA qualify as a team (and they all have very good chances), I don't see any problem for Ebert to qualify among the individualists...

but I think that GER has really good chances to qualify as a team also in the women's Foil (actually, I think it will be easier in women's Foil than in the men's Sabre because of the poor competition)...

Germany is the best european team in mens sabre, so qualification shouldnt be too difficult. Globally only South Korea is better. Ebert should also have no problem qualifying as current world number 7, but her goal has to be at least a medal in Tokyo and at the moment she is still a bit away from being a serious medal contender.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.