website statistics

Diving at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

14 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I'm under the impression Canadian coaches are pulishing him just like they did with Riendau before giving him "big tasks" like World Champs and Olympics.

He has the potential, just need to better the finish, as he still tends to give rather big splashes.

Only 16, he should improve with time.

Because of the quota size restrictions Canada could not send more divers, so Ware was forced into the synchro and Murray into the individual. All in all it did work out.

Just some random language fact: Benfeito sounds like "bem feito" in Portuguese. It can both mean "well done" or "serves you right". So, whenever Meaghan Benfeito appears, I immediately think about Meaghan Servesyouright. :lol:

Talking about terrible sounding Canadian names, beach volleyball player Melissa Humana-Paredes also comes to mind. Humana is human in Portuguese and Paredes is Walls. It's like I see her as a human wall or something whenever she appears. At least in volleyball being a wall is kind of neat when blocking. :lol:

hace 2 minutos, thiago_simoes dijo:

Just some random language fact: Benfeito sounds like "bem feito" in Portuguese. It can both mean "well done" or "serves you right". So, whenever Meaghan Benfeito appears, I immediately think about Meaghan Servesyouright. :lol:

Talking about terrible sounding Canadian names, beach volleyball player Melissa Humana-Paredes also comes to mind. Humana is human in Portuguese and Paredes is Walls. It's like I see her as a human wall or something whenever she appears. At least in volleyball being a wall is kind of neat when blocking. :lol:

She looks latin so probably her family name was Humaña at some point and since there is no ñ in english it was left like that.

15 minutes ago, LDOG said:

She looks latin so probably her family name was Humaña at some point and since there is no ñ in english it was left like that.

Yes, this is exactly the case, but since we don't have ñ in Portuguese (we use nh instead), and the word in Portuguese is exactly Humana, it's amusing when she appears anyway.

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Fun fact, her dad was my professor in university. He is of Chilean background, and coached Canada's beach volleyball pair to 96 bronze medal.

9 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Fun fact, her dad was my professor in university. He is of Chilean background, and coached Canada's beach volleyball pair to 96 bronze medal.

Who’s name is Hernán Humaña. We don’t have to go very far to find the missing ñ xD

Edited by NearPup