website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Video Games Thread

bestmen

On 17/05/2019 at 15:37, NearPup said:

Just went through the whole Phoenix Wright trilogy (big fan of that series and Danganronpa), so that was like 60 hours of my time.

Over the last year I’ve mostly played Hitman 2, Rocket League, Steep, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy XV, TT The Walking Dead, Life is Strange BTS / 2, The Council, Chrono Trigger and KOTOR. Also Smash Ultimate on Switch.

Oh, what a disappointment Danganronpa was. I love narrative-driven games, but Danganronpa is just too stereotypical to the point the characters actually make me angry. I will start Steins;Gate soon and I hope this does not turn into disappointment too.

This the official intro video when you load up the game for the first time. This game is a crash course in good games marketing. It also makes me so excited to go to Tokyo and see these sights for myself. Official Video (the game is available on PS, XB, PC, and S): 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2019 at 15:29, Olympian1010 said:

So this happened: https://kotaku.com/fortnites-teenage-world-champ-swatted-live-on-stream-1837161025

From the country that gave you weekly mass shootings comes a new fun trend. Swatting. That’s when someone gets mad at some and so calls 911 and tells them that other person has a bomb, is going to do a mass shooting, or has taken hostages. Swat Police (heavily armed police) then arrive at the Olympic innocent persons house and enter it with guns and what not. A person was killed two years ago because of this “prank”. The gaming community and internet can really create some bad shit sometimes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest esport tournament in the world, The International, has just taken place in :CHN Shanghai.

:AUS:FIN:FRA:DEN OG repeated as champion and won the 15.6 million dollar grand prize over 2017 champion :JOR:ROU:BUL:LIB :GER Team Liquid. Hometown favourite  :CHN:MAS PSG.LGD finished third.

• 1 month later...

Huge scandal rooking the gaming community. Blizzard now finds itself stuck between China and very angry Westerners. Not a good look for Blizzard, especially since most gamers are very anti-China.

2 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Playstation 5 has a confirmed release date of Holidays 2020.

It will be interesting to see what date XBox gives their console. I’d guess early 2021 or also late 2020. I’ll be Xbox for life (should I even choose to play on a console). Order of technology by best quality: Google -> Microsoft -> Nintendo -> Sony -> Samsung. I’ve never used Huawei so I did not rank it. Most other OS or console system are useless.