website statistics

E-Sports Discussion Thread

Sindo

Just now, KingOfTheRhinos said:

I love stuff like OWL and CWL (now called CDL), despite how much I hate Blizzard/Activision I'm too passionate about them to stop playing and watching.

I'm love both Traditional sports and esports but as someone who plays video games instead of traditional sport I'm more into esports.

And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, I’ve just seen too much of the dark side of the community to able to enjoy myself. When used to play competitively, I’d play COD, Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, or Rocket League. Obviously three of those are famous for toxic communities so...

Nowadays I mostly play Minecraft, Steep, Speedrunners, or Jackbox with friends.

I’m glad we finally have someone knowing about esports in the community :clap:. I’d love to know your feelings about Fortnite Chapter 2

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, I’ve just seen too much of the dark side of the community to able to enjoy myself. When used to play competitively, I’d play COD, Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, or Rocket League. Obviously three of those are famous for toxic communities so...

Nowadays I mostly play Minecraft, Steep, Speedrunners, or Jackbox with friends.

I’m glad we finally have someone knowing about esports in the community :clap:. I’d love to know your feelings about Fortnite Chapter 2

I don't like fortnite, but Fortnite 2 is a massive improvement.

The thing I love most about Fortnite is the storytelling throughout the games lifespan but the game plays horribly to me asides from building. The lack of mobility in chapter 2 is concerning.

The new map looks great.

The graphics are great.

I haven't played much myself but it looks very impressive. I hope to see epic Games improve upon this instead of doing what they've always done screw up everything.

On 10/03/2016 at 06:14, Gianlu33 said:

And Korea wins all prizes :lol: 

This aged greatly

IG won 2018 worlds vs Fnatic

G2 best Team Liquid at MSI 2019

RNG won MSI 2018

Vancouver Titans (the og runaway roster from apex) lost to the San Francisco Shock in the Overwatch League season 2 final

A non Korean player won the Starcraft World Championship (or what ever it's called)

SKT didn't make worlds in 2018

• 4 weeks later...

The LOL finals have been quite impressive. World Cup/Olympic type atmosphere, I’m rarely impressed by e-Sports because I grew my playing and watching, but damn.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 horas atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

The LOL finals have been quite impressive. World Cup/Olympic type atmosphere, I’m rarely impressed by e-Sports because I grew my playing and watching, but damn.

It's the only kind of E-Sports that I like to watch the competitions. They really know how to create this atmosphere.

• 1 year later...

In a big upset, :RUS:UKR Team Spirit defeated :FIN:POL:SWE:JOR:EST Team Secret 2-1 in the lower bracket finals and :CHN:MAS PSG.LGD 3-2 in the grand finals of The International 10 to win the biggest prize ever in esports (18 million USD). This is the first win for either Russia or Ukraine since the very first TI.

14 minutes ago, NearPup said:

In a big upset, :RUS:UKR Team Spirit defeated :FIN:POL:SWE:JOR:EST Team Secret 2-1 in the lower bracket finals and :CHN:MAS PSG.LGD 3-2 in the grand finals of The International 10 to win the biggest prize ever in esports (18 million USD). This is the first win for either Russia or Ukraine since the very first TI.

For those who have no idea what this is (like me), it's a Dota 2 tournament. :d 

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.