website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] WWE Thread

batbobi

• 1 year later...

I haven't watched WWE for a long time, but now I got interested again. Maybe because Edge returned, maybe because it's WrestleMania season. Yeah, it's because of the Mania season. Many knows that near Mania, the script writings are way more interesting than the rest of the year and the matches that are crafted are must seen. So on again on the WWE train, as just tomorrow is the WWE Network exclusive PPV, the Super ShowDown in Saudi Arabia. I'll look into the matches and try to predict them, but first as I mentioned earlier, I haven't watched WWE for 1 year and 3-4 months so I'm not familiar with the current champions and storylines. So let's get into the deep and see what I've missed so far.

Let's first check the Universal Championship. When I stopped watching WWE, the Universal Champion was Seth Rollins, just after defeating Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 35. Then Rollins went on to successfully defend the championship on four PPVs. Money in the Bank 2019 - defeating AJ Styles as on the same PPV, Lesnar went on to win the Money in the Bank briefcase; Super ShowDown 2019 - defeating Baron Corbin; Stomping Grounds 2019 - defeating Corbin again; Extreme Rules 2019 - with Becky Lynch defeating Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans in a Mixed Tag Team Match, but after the match, Brock Lesnar cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase and defeated Rollins, winning the Universal Championship. In their rematch, at SummerSlam 2019, Rollins defeated Lesnar to regain the title. At Clash of Champions 2019, Rollins defeated Braun Strowman to retain the title. Then Rollins started a feud with "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt, as they had a match at Hell in a Cell 2019, in which Bray Wyatt was build just phenomenal, as he kicked out from every finisher and any assault. The match ended by a referee stoppage, but at Crown Jewel 2019, Bray Wyatt defeated Rollins to claim the Universal Championship. "The Fiend" was staged for a long run with the title, as at Survivor Series 2019, he defeated Daniel Bryan; at Starrcade, Wyatt defeated Braun Strowman and at Royal Rumble 2020 - defeated Daniel Bryan again. As for now, the Universal Champion is "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt and he is set to defend the title against Goldberg at Super ShowDown 2020.

Next is the WWE Championship and the last thing that I remember is Daniel Bryan being the champion. He won the title, defeating AJ Styles on a SmackDown episode. From that point onward, Bryan successfully defended the title four times. TLC 2018 - defeating AJ Styles; Royal Rumble 2019 - defeating AJ Styles again; Elimination Chamber 2019 - Bryan won an Elimination Chamber Match also including - AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton & Samoa Joe; Fastlane 2019 - defeating Kevin Owens. At WrestleMania 35, Bryan dropped the title to Kofi Kingston. Kingston scored an amazing title reign, holding the title for 180 days, through which he defended it 6 times. Money in the Bank 2019 - defeating Kevin Owens; Super ShowDown 2019 - defeating Dolph Ziggler; Stomping Grounds 2019 - defeating Dolph Ziggler again; Extreme Rules 2019 - defeating Samoa Joe; SummerSlam 2019 - Kingston faced Randy Orton, as the match ended in a double count-out. Kofi Kingston defeated Orton at Clash of Champions 2019 to retain the title. On the November 1st episode of SmackDown, Brock Lesnar defeated Kofi Kingston and became the new WWE Champion. At Crown Jewel 2019, Lesnar defeated Cain Velasquez and at Survivor Series 2019 - defeated Rey Mysterio to retain the title. Brock Lesnar is set to defend the WWE Championship against Ricochet at Super ShowDown 2020.

Andrade is the United States Champion and Braun Strowman is the Intercontinental Champion. I'm not going to cover the titles, because they are in the mid-card and not much storyline is going in there. Only the Intercontinental Championship design was changed.

Way more interesting are both main Women's titles. Let's first check RAW and the RAW Women's Championship. Last time I checked, Ronda Rousey was the RAW Women's Champion. She won the title at SummerSlam 2018 and defended it successfully on five PPVs. Hell in a Cell 2018 - defeating Alexa Bliss; Evolution 2018 - defeating Nikki Bella; TLC 2018 - defeating Nia Jax; Royal Rumble 2019 - defeating Sasha Banks; Elimination Chamber 2019 - defeating Ruby Riott. On April 7th 2019, in the main event of WrestleMania 35, Rousey dropped the title to Becky Lynch in a "Winner Takes All Triple Threat Match" (also involving the SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte) where both the RAW and SmackDown Women's Championships were on the line, thus Lynch becoming RAW and SmackDown Women's Champion. At Money in the Bank 2019, Becky Lynch needed to pull a double duty as champion. First, she defeated Lacey Evans to retain the RAW Women's Championship. Right after the match, Lynch faced off against Charlotte for the SmackDown Women's Championship in a losing effort. Besides that, Becky Lynch defended the title on six more PPVs. Stomping Grounds 2019 - defeating Lacey Evans; Extreme Rules 2019 - with Seth Rollins defeating Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans in a Mixed Tag Team Match; SummerSlam 2019 - defeating Natalya; Clash of Champions 2019 - losing to Sasha Banks by DQ; Hell in a Cell 2019 - defeating Sasha Banks; Royal Rumble 2020 - defeating Asuka. Becky Lynch is now the longest reigning RAW Women's Champion, with the record-breaking 325 days and counting.

On to SmackDown and the SmackDown Women's Championship. Going back to SummerSlam 2018, Carmella was the SmackDown Women's Champion, but at the PPV, she lost the title to Charlotte in a Triple Threat Match, where Charlotte pinned Becky Lynch. Charlotte and Lynch began a feud and at Hell in a Cell 2018, Lynch defeated Charlotte to win the title. In their rematch at Super ShowDown 2018, Charlotte defeated Lynch by DQ and at Evolution 2018, Becky Lynch retained the title, beating Charlotte in a "Last Women Standing Match". At TLC 2018, Asuka defeated Lynch and Charlotte in a Triple Threat TLC Match, winning the championship. Asuka hold the title for 100 days and defended it in two PPVs. Royal Rumble 2019 - defeating Becky Lynch; Fastlane 2019 - defeating Mandy Rose. Just a week away from WrestleMania 35, Charlotte defeated Asuka on an episode of SmackDown to regain the championship. On April 7th 2019, in the main event of WrestleMania 35, Charlotte dropped the title to Becky Lynch in a "Winner Takes All Triple Threat Match" (also involving the RAW Women's Champion Ronda Rousey) where both the RAW and SmackDown Women's Championships were on the line, thus Lynch becoming RAW and SmackDown Women's Champion. At Money in the Bank 2019, Becky Lynch needed to pull a double duty as champion. First, she defeated Lacey Evans to retain the RAW Women's Championship. Right after the match, Lynch faced off against Charlotte for the SmackDown Women's Championship in a losing effort. After the match, Bayley cashed in her Money in the Bank briefcase (which she won earlier this night) and pinned Charlotte to become the new champion. Bayley hold the title for 140 days, defending it on four PPVs. Stomping Grounds 2019 - defeating Alexa Bliss; Extreme Rules 2019 - defeating Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross; SummerSlam 2019 - defeating Ember Moon; Clash of Champions 2019 - defeating Charlotte. At Hell in a Cell 2019, Bayley tapped out to Charlotte, losing the belt. On October 11th episode of SmackDown, Bayley turned heel for the first time and defeated Charlotte to regain the SmackDown Women's Championship. From that point onward, Bayley has defended the title only once on a PPV, at the Royal Rumble 2020, defeating Lacey Evans. Now Bayley is still the SmackDown Women's Champion and is reaching 140 days of reign again. She is set to defend the title at Super Showdown 2020 against Naomi.

The New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston) are the current SmackDown Tag Team Champions. I'm not going to look the titles into details, because they are not in any interesting storyline. They are set to defend the SmackDown Tag Team Championship against The Miz & John Morrison at Super ShowDown 2020.

And we will end our review with the RAW Tag Team Championship. The main story I'm going to look into is Seth Rollins turning heel, because as of now he & Murphy are the RAW Tag Team Champions. After Rollins lost the Universal Championship to "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt, he took a spot in Team RAW for Survivor Series 2019. After Team RAW lost at Survivor Series, on the following episode of RAW, Seth Rollins turned heel for the first time since 2016. He created his own stable involving AOP and Buddy Murphy and have a new persona as Monday Night Messiah. On January 20th episode of Monday Night RAW, Rollins & Murphy defeated The Viking Raiders to win the RAW Tag Team Championship. They are set to defend the titles at Super ShowDown 2020 against The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford).

OK, I managed to catch up for the past few months, now it's time to move on to the prediction of WWE Super ShowDown 2020.

WWE Super ShowDown 2020

Let's begin with the easier to predict matches.

F57tK3c.png

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Ricochet
Singles Match for the WWE Championship

Brock Lesnar is having a match, only for the reason, because it's in Saudi Arabia and the money he will earn, if not for the money, most likely we would have seen him at Mania. The match for WrestleMania is already set and I don't see a change of plan. At Mania, Brock will defend the WWE Championship against the Royal Rumble winner Drew McIntyre, as the plot for this match is set in stone.

Prediction: Lesnar retains after an F-5

Ym5KlMP.png

SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley vs. Naomi
Singles Match for the SmackDown Women's Championship

I'm not going to overthink this. Naomi is just the next thrown jobber in the way of the champion. Bayley is still hot as a heel champion and someone with way more better build than Naomi will eventually take the title away from her.

Prediction: Bayley retains

aroSJKB.png

RAW Tag Team Champions Rollins & Murphy vs. The Street Profits
Tag Team Match for the RAW Tag Team Championship

Rollins` stable is still getting hotter and hotter. Can't see any logical reason for them to drop the titles here. There is no misunderstanding between the current champions and no storyline based hints that The Street Profits can benefit from.

Prediction: Seth Rollins & Murphy retain the RAW Tag Team titles

uMPQsuT.png

Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin
Steel Cage Match

This is a classic 2-out-of-3 matches feud, with the first match taken by Corbin and the second - by Reigns. This is their last encounter for now and just before WreslteMania, I think they will keep Reigns strong by winning the feud.

Prediction: Reigns wins with the Spear

Let's continue with the more difficult ones to predict. And by difficult, I mean that I haven't watched how the stories around the matches were build and I have no idea who and why should win.

lJJQvbJ.png

SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Miz & John Morrison
Tag Team Match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship

The New Day is holding the titles for 111 days now and The Miz & Morrison are very well build team, so I think it's time for a title change.

Prediction: The Miz & John Morrison win the match to become the NEW SmackDown Tag Team Champions

n2kvqMn.png

AJ Styles vs. Andrade vs. Bobby Lashley
vs. Erick Rowan vs. R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio
Gauntlet Match for the Tuwaiq Trophy

I have no idea. They can go either way they want. I'm going to choose a guy that is one step better than the rest of the participant.

Prediction: AJ Styles

And one more match just left. It's the match with the best story and the match I'm looking for the most.

5fcY1ll.png

Universal Champion "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs. Goldberg
Singles Match for the Universal Championship

Before I got to know "The Fiend", I thought that Godlberg will defeat him easily and win the Universal title. But then I discovered how Wyatt was build thus far. In his matches against Seth Rollins at Hell in a Cell and Crown Jewel, Wyatt kicked out after a number of finishers. His build was ridiculous and he is very hard, almost impossible to beat. But on the other hand, we have Goldberg - a legend of this business. The guy who defeated Lesnar in less that 2 minutes. But yet, Goldberg have nothing to lose in this match, as of Wyatt, losing will result in an unrepairable damage of his character and his future in the WWE. So Bray Wyatt must leave Saudi Arabia as champion.

Prediction: Goldberg wins, but Wyatt retains the title

There are 3 more announced matches that I really don't care about, but let's cover them too.

Mansoor vs. Dolph Ziggler
Singles Match

Mansoor is a Saudi Arabian professional wrestler, so he will get the audience pumped-up.

Prediction: Mansoor beats Ziggler

Humberto Carrillo vs. Angel Garza
Singles match

Again as I said, I really don't care about these matches, even more for these guys. On RAW, Garza defeated Carrillo, so I'll go for the 50/50 booking.

Prediction: Humberto Carrillo wins with a roll-up

The Viking Raiders vs. The O. C.
Tag Team Match

The match will take place on the Kick-off Show. I don't have any idea, so I'll just pick one of the two teams.

Prediction: The Viking Raiders

So, that's all of the announced matches. During or after the show, we'll comment on the results and how many predictions I got right. It's time for SHOWDOWN.
Edited by batbobi

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion

2x TWF Universal Champion - 69 days

Kick-Off

The O.C. def. The Viking Raiders (0/1)

Really don't have what to say. It was 50/50 from the start, as the heels won the match.

The Undertaker wins the Tuwaiq Trophy (0/2)

Very smart booking. With R-Truth beating Lashley, Andrade and Rowan. I now get that AJ Styles is also a heel. He taped-out Truth and was expecting the last participant of the match - Rey Mysterio. But it was shown in the backstage, that The O.C. are assaulting Mysterio, thus Styles forcing the referee to announce him as the winner of the match. Then again at the backstage we saw The O.C. laying on the ground and a man with dark boots standing on top of them. It was The Undertaker all along, as he came to the ring, chokeslammed Styles and pinned him to win the trophy, thus setting up his feud with Styles and their match for WrestleMania.

The Miz & John Morrison def. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day (1/3)

Another great tag team match that both teams worked hard to create. Very fast pacing at the end of it, where Morrison hit Kingston with a steel chair in the gut and Miz roll him up and grabbed the tights for the pin.

Angel Garza def. Humberto Carrillo (1/4)
I don't know where these guys came from. I don't care about them. It was an OK match, as Garza picks-up the win.

RAW Tag Team Champions Rollins & Murphy def. The Street Profits (2/5)
Some action on scene. Very crafted and executed. The finish was a copy/paste from Rollins & Murphy's title win, but a good one indeed. Happy to see Rollins on a row.

Mansoor def. Dolph Ziggler (3/6)
Ziggler is a great performer and always helps young talents to grow, as it happen here again, in a very great match. We saw Mansoor kicked out from a Zig-Zag and finished Ziggler with a Moonsault. An expected win and celebration as the home hero.

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar def. Ricochet (4/7)
As Heyman said before the start of the match "this is not a prediction, but a spoiler". Brock dismantled Ricochet for less than a 2 minutes. The match was a little disappointing, because they could've booked it way better than this. Ricochet could have a little more resistance, could've show his aerial abilities and his fast moves through the ring, but the match was a squash.

Roman Reigns def. King Corbin (5/8)
Again a little disappointing match, taking into account that this was a closing feud match. Reigns locked the Cage Gate with his own chain and lock, keeping the key in his pocket. Corbin retreived the key and tried to escape through the gate, unsuccessfully. Both Reigns and Corbin tried to escape through the top of cage, but at the end, Reigns pinned Corbin after hitting him with a Superman Punch, while the chain was wrapped on his hand.

SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley def. Naomi (6/9)
Am I the only one that thought, Naomi was wrestling with her pajamas. Good performance from both women, but the match also felt like a bathroom brake. Still Bayley retains as expected.

Goldberg def. Universal Champion "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (7/10)
Finally, the match I waited for. Hope it's worth the wait. Yes, as expected the match was short on time, but full of hype and unpredictability. Goldberg delivered four Spears, but "The Fiend" kicked-out. Wyatt tried to submit Goldberg, but Goldberg countered with Jackhammer and pinned "The Fiend" to become the new Universal Champion. I really tought, that somehow Wyatt will leave Super ShowDown as champion, but I wasn't right. I'm really sorry for Wyatt's persona, as WWE ruined yet again an amazing character at the expense of a retired old grandpa.

As of my prediction, I think I did pretty good, predicting right 7 out of 10 matches, as the ones that I got wrong were the matches I weren't interested in. See you again next Sunday on March 8th, at the Elimination Chamber 2020 prediction.

Edited by batbobi

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt

q03Moyz.png

Before becoming "The Fiend", Bray Wyatt was the leader of the "The Wyatt Family" for approximately 5 years. After they disbanded, in late 2017, Wyatt had a feud with Matt Hardy in which, Hardy was victorious. Bray returned at WrestleMania 34, helping Hardy win the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, making them a team. They had a short run together, winning the RAW Tag Team Championships and then losing them in their first defense. Bray Wyatt's last TV appearance was on July 23 episode of RAW, where Wyatt & Hardy lost their championship rematch. Soon after Wyatt & Hardy's team disbanded, Wyatt went absent from TV for more than a year.

In early April of 2019, ominous vignettes began airing on WWE TV. On April 22 episode of RAW, was broadcast the first episode of "Firefly Fun House", a parody of other television kids shows, as Bray Wyatt being the host. The melody was joyful, Wyatt was happy with a smile on his face, with a different hair and a shorter beard, as this made some people believe that Wyatt had returned as "face". 

26y9eQz.png 68rtbA3.png

Wyatt introduced his new self and his new friends (which I'll talk a bit later). He kept being positive, claiming that after being punished for his deeds, his old self was dead. But after a few episodes, Wyatt began to act more sinister, suggesting something creepy could happen.

In episode one of the "Firefly Fun House", we were introduced to two of his new friends:

Mercy the Buzzard - based on Waylon Mercy. A wrestler in the 90's that Bray got inspiration/pointers from - lB2jmze.png

Abby the Witch - His finisher is called "Sister Abigail" and maybe his sister Abby's soul is trapped inside - vkhb0of.png

In the episode, Wyatt wore two gloves. On the knuckles of the gloves was written "Hurt" and "Heal". He listened to the hand with the "Hurt" glove and then used a chainsaw to cut the head of а cardboard copy of his old persona. It's like he hears voices in his head, depending on the used glove. 

On April 29 episode of RAW, we saw the second episode of "Firefly Fun House" in which Wyatt was trying to express his suppress feelings by painting. The paint he drew was a burning house with a lady screaming inside. This was a reference of his feud with Randy Orton back in 2017, where Orton destroyed The Wyatt Family compound, including Sister Abigail's grave, informing us that Bray still remembers the incident and is still infuriated about it.

DAVvwjR.png

We were also introduced to his third friend - Ramblin' Rabbit - based on criticism that he rambles in his promos - WwEV8xR.png

On May 6 episode of RAW, was aired the third episode of "Firefly Fun House". In the episode, Bray found out that Mercy the Buzzard chewed to shreds Ramblin' Rabbit. In spite of doing something horrible, Wyatt immediately forgave Mercy and explained that is OK to express your feelings anyway you want, showing sociopathic characteristics.

On May 13 episode of RAW, the fourth episode of "Firefly Fun House" was broadcast. Bray Wyatt told that he have a secret and he wants to finally reveal, that there is a darkness, but is suppressed inside his head. Wyatt told that he learned how to harness and how to control the darkness, while turning his face from joyful to a sinister look. Bray finally revealed his alter ego - "The Fiend"

74kpx4F.png

On the May 20 episode of RAW, we just saw a weird kind of intro to the "Firefly Fun House", The intro started as normal, showing kids playing, but slowly turned into a sinister, more creepy one, referencing the sociopathic relations between Bray and "The Fiend".

On May 27 episode of RAW, was aired the sixth episode of "Firefly Fun House". Bray stated that "The Fiend" is only there to protect them and maybe "The Fiend" is not even real, but an imagination in Wyatt's head. He is scared of the tough world outside and doesn't have enough confidence, but by using "The Fiend", Bray can achieve and be anything he wants. Abby the Witch interrupted him and asked to be left to rest, as an answer Bray responded with "Never". Maybe sister Abigail's soul is trapped in Abby and Bray doesn't leave her to rest in piece, still infuriated of her loss.

Going for the seventh episode of "Firefly Fun House" aired on June 3 episode of RAW. Here we were introduced to another friend of Bray - Huskus the Pig Boy, which is referencing his first name in NXT (Husky Harris). Bray is talking to Husky Harris, his old self that to be at your best, you gotta look good. In the past Husky Harris didn't take a good care of himself, almost being fired by Vince McMahon, as we all know that McMahon likes bodybuilder types of superstars, instead of a rouded ones. Even when Husky Harris got his chance as Bray Wyatt, he still was unsuccessful, because of McMahon's favoritism for muscle mans. The episode ended, as Bray posing like Hulk Hogan, again referencing the top guys that are getting pushed are handpicked by Vince.

k4ED8Vx.png

On June 10 episode of RAW, was broadcast the eighth episode of "Firefly Fun House".  ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO EXIT HERE - is the way Bray is saying that is scared of the outside and the only way to exit is by the help of "The Fiend". We also saw that the other fireflies are scared of "The Fiend". Ramblin' Rabbit had a chance of speaking out to the whole world and tell the truth, what really is happening in the "Fun House", but before he had the chance, a more sinister part of Bray snatched him and killed him using the mallet. As we know, the Rabbit is a reference of Bray rambling in his old promos, as probably in the past, Bray said something wrong by accident and was punished because of that.

On the June 17 episode of RAW and the ninth episode of "Firefly Fun House" we are told that for good ideas to come fort, our minds must be healthy, but unfortunately Bray's mind is sick. Another message is that everyone in the world will try to manipulate you to a point that you stop believe to anyone except yourself, but when you're left alone you're start going crazy. You're becoming a psychopath, a man than Bray has turned into. Then we see shuffled videos, memories in Bray's mind which are bringing him misery. For Bray, "The Fiend" is his savior, erasing all his bad, tortured memories for just one price - to "LET HIM IN".

On the following episodes of RAW, different puppies were seen through the backstage, spying on another superstars:

June 24 episode of RAW:

Abby the Witch spying on The Miz

Mercy the Buzzard spying on Kofi Kingston

WOrhblX.png QfnsKBM.png

June 25 episode of SmackDown:

Ramblin' Rabbit behind Carmella

Huskus the Pig Boy behind Daniel Bryan

g73maJE.png uRalKmX.png

July 1 episode of RAW:

Mercy the Buzzard behind The Miz

GiwhOu2.png

July 2 episode of SmackDown:

Abby the Witch behind Apollo

8DM08qt.png

July 8 episode of RAW:

Huskus the Pig Boy behind Ricochet

NwZW9c3.png

July 9 episode of SmackDown:

Ramblin' Rabbit behind Bayley

UhUSb8R.png

On July 15 episode of RAW, "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt returned and attacked Finn Balor, re-establishing himself as a heel. "The Fiend" debuted in his first in-ring match at WWE SummerSlam 2019 against Finn Balor,  in which "The Fiend" was victorious for less than 4 minutes.

a1Avmj7.png

Edited by batbobi

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion

Yes, it's here, let's go. It's time for the Elimination Chamber predictions. Just a week ago from Super ShowDown and 4 week away from WrestleMania.

WWE Elimination Chamber 2020

Again, let's start with the easier matches to predict.

lhOrVvF.png

Natalya vs. Liv Morgan vs. Shayna Baszler vs.

Asuka vs. Ruby Riott vs. Sarah Logan

Elimination Chamber Match for a RAW Women's Championship Match at WrestleMania 36

The match that WWE have been building for some time now is clearly Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler. Even on WWE TV, Lynch have told that she's hoping Baszler wins, because she wants to face her at WrestleMania. Any other of the women winning, won't make any sense story based.

Prediction: Shayna Baszler tops the other five women and goes to WrestleMania

1w7Gw5l.png

United States Champion Andrade vs. Humberto Carrillo

Singles Match for the United States Championship

It's the battle for Mexico. Two Mexican wrestlers compete against each other for the United States Championship. Carrillo has never won clean in a one-on-one match against Andrade and I don't see this to change any time soon.

Prediction: Andrade retains

Let's dive into the harder ones.

eczOC9O.png

Intercontinental Champion Braun Strowman vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro & Sami Zayn

3-on-1 Handicap Match for the Intercontinental Championship

Strowman has just won the title and it's his first singles title in WWE. The stacks are against him, but the stipulation has been made just for a more unpredictable finish, for if Strowman had to face only Nakamura, the result of the match would have been way more obvious. Also worth to notice that this is Strowman's first title defense. It won't be a squash match, but a very hard fight for Strowman. Expecting to see Nakamura, Cesaro and Zayn arguing on who to make the pin, giving time Braun to recover, as at the end, this will cost them the match.

Prediction: Braun Strowman retains

72plz5w.png

RAW Tag Team Champions The Street Profits vs. Seth Rollins & Murphy

Tag Team Match for the RAW Tag Team Championship

After successfully defended the RAW Tag titles at Super ShowDown, Rollins & Murphy dropped them on the following Monday Night RAW. The one that costed them the match was Kevin Owens and I'm almost certain that they are doing "Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens" for Mania. There will be lots of interference from AOP and Owens, but at the end Owens again will cost Rollins and Murphy the titles, settling further their WrestleMania collision.

Prediction: The Street Profits retain the RAW Tag titles

AO4mL3a.png

Aleister Black vs. AJ Styles

No Disqualification Match

We know that WWE are going with AJ Styles vs. The Undertaker for Mania, but this is where the stuffs are going tough. WWE must hold the credibility of Styles high, so he can look as a dangerous threat for Taker and a potential win can be a believable option. Another option is to book an interference by Taker, which will cost Styles the match, as there will be a 100% one from The O.C.  Aleister did lose at RAW, as Styles taunted Taker during the pin.

Prediction: Aleister Black wins after interference from The Undertaker

ou6oAt7.png

SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison vs. The New Day vs. The Usos

vs. Heavy Machinery vs. Lucha House Party vs. Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode

Elimination Chamber Match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship

Since The Miz & John Morrison won the titles, they haven't been booked very well, as after Super ShowDown, they've lost to The Usos and at the go-home SmackDown, before Elimination Chamber, they've lost to Heavy Machinery in a gauntlet match. The match can go anywhere, so let's try to cross out a team by team. The team that has no chance of winning this is the Lucha House Party, because they don't have any build up or storyline coming into the match. Heavy Machinery's Otis is in a storyline with Ziggler, fighting for the heart of the gentle Mandy Rose, so I'm crossing them out too. Now we're left with the champions Miz & Morrison, The Usos and The New Day. The clean win that The Usos took over the champions is the major hint here, because after the chamber, they can say they pinned the champions demanding a title shot at WrestleMania.

Prediction: The Miz & John Morrison win the Elimination Chamber and retain the titles

ZivEg7V.png

Daniel Bryan vs. Drew Gulak

Singles Match

The story around this match is Drew Gulak claiming to know Bryan's weaknesses and how to beat him, but Bryan will prove him wrong.

Prediction: Daniel Bryan

That's my predictions for the Elimination Chamber PPV. Not sure if I'm going to watch live, but I'm tempted. Nonetheless, there will be a reaction of the matches. PEACE 'EM OUT.

Edited by batbobi

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion

Kick-Off
(The match wasn't announced before the start of the PPV, so I'm not going to count it to my prediction)

The Viking Raiders def. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
An OK match to kick-off the show. But it was just to get the WIN on The Viking Raiders, as Ryder & Hawkins didn't stand a chance from the start.

Daniel Bryan def. Drew Gulak (1/1)
The match started really great. Very good storytelling, showing how Gulak is countering everything Bryan tries. What a technical match thus far!  Fucking amazing match, maybe the best of the whole night. Amazing spots, very, very terrible landing of the german suplex for Bryan, but finally Gulak passed out from the LeBell Lock. AMAZING!!!

United States Champion Andrade def. Humberto Carrillo (2/2)
Again a match that I didn't expected it to be that good. The both men delivered and made very good show. Now I understand that I underestimate the younger ones, but they are really impresive. The only thing I'm disappointed with is the end of the match - a roll-up, as it's the third time Carrillo is losing a match like that.

SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison def. The Usos, The New Day, Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode, Heavy Machinery & Lucha House Party (3/3)
So The Usos and The New Day will start-up the match, as we know that Ziggler & Roode will enter last. As number three in the match are entering Lucha House Party. Looking for an amazing tag team action. The next going in are the SmackDown Tag Team Champions Miz & Morrison. Still no eliminations. Amazing hurricanrana from the top of the pod from Lucha House Party on Morrison, but Miz saves the pin. Sooo much near falls, but now it's a 5-Way. Finally the first elimination happened, Heavy Machinery eliminated Lucha House Party. And all the teams are now in the match. Heavy Machinery are also out of the match eliminated by Ziggler & Roode, as Otis had an amazing spot, going through the bullet proof plexiglass to the outside of the cage. New Day and The Usos teamed up to eliminate Ziggler & Roode. Miz & Morrison eliminated The New Day and now The Usos and the champions are left in the match. Amazing spots, very fast pacing at the end, but Miz & Morrison pulled a cheap trick, as Miz used the ropes for leverage to pin one of the brothers, winning the match and retaining the championship. I didn't have high hopes for any of the matches, but now 3 out of 3 matches are amazing and I can say that I'm definitely entertained. As the crowd loves to chant - THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Aleister Black def. AJ Styles (4/4)
For now AJ is wrestling, so I hope his injury is gone. As a No DQ match, lots of weapons are used, as expected. This PPV has turned to a underrated one. Great after great matches with lots of great spots. Finally The O.C. assaulted Aleister and just as Styles was preparing for a Phenomenal Forearm, the gong hit, the light turned off and ones they turned on The Undertaker was in the ring. He choked The O.C. and then chokeslammed Styles. After a Black Mass, Aleister managed to pin Styles and win the match. BEST PPV EVER!!!

RAW Tag Team Champions The Street Profits def. Seth Rollins & Murphy (5/5)
Continuing with the amazing matches I guess. But of course it'll be amazing, all of the wrestlers are great performers. AOP assaulted Montez, but The Viking Raiders ran for the help and took AOP out of the equation. Owens entered the ring as a fan from the crowd with popcorn and sat on the announcement table to watch. Rollins was distracted for enough time to be tackled into the barricade and after a Frog Splash, Montez Ford pinned Murphy. After the match Owens got on the ring and made a Stunner to Rollins.

Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro def. Intercontinental Champion Braun Strowman (5/6)
At the kick-off was announced that the one who pins Strowman will become the champion, setting the stage for a disagreement during the match. But this actually didn't happen as Nakamura, Cesaro & Zayn worked as a team throughout the match and after a Helluva Kick, Zayn pinned Strowman to become the NEW Intercontinental Champion.

Shayna Baszler def. Asuka, Liv Morgan, Natalya, Ruby Riott & Sarah Logan (6/7)
It's time for the main event. Natalya and Ruby Riott will start the match. Sarah Logan is third to enter the match. Shayna Baszler is up next and the match has turned into a Fatal 4-Way, but not for long as Baszler dominates all of the women and very quickly eliminates Sarah Logan, Ruby Riott and Natalya. Liv Morgan is up next, but Baszler just squashed her as well and forced her to pass out. Now Shayna and Asuka stares at each other, as we're waiting the pot to be opened. After some exchanges and a submission techniques, Baszler kicks Asuka and lock the Coquina Clutch for Asuka to pass out as well. This was a squash match for Baszler, a total dominance and an amazing way to build her forward.

I really didn't expect for this PPV to be so good, I can't find a weak match from the Main Card. Every one was full of actions and great spots, just all performers delivered for an amazing show. I guessed 6 out of 7 matches, little annoyed that I didn't predict right Strowman losing the title. Nonetheless, just an amazing PPV, see you in 4 weeks for WrestleMania 36.

Edited by batbobi

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion

The CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19) is really getting out of hand. For the first time ever, SmackDown was filmed in WWE's Performance Center, without an audience. The atmosphere was eerie and strange, hearing echoes in the empty arena, as the superstars were doing their promos and matches.

And now WrestleMania 36, which is supposed to take place on April 5th in Tampa, Florida, might get cancelled.

Edited by batbobi

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion

"In coordination with local partners and government officials, WrestleMania and all related events in Tampa Bay will not take place. However, WrestleMania will still stream live on Sunday, April 5 at 7 pm ET on WWE Network and be available on pay-per-view. Only essential personnel will be on the closed set at WWE’s training facility in Orlando, Florida to produce WrestleMania."

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion

"Evolution"

UnV6lJu.jpg

"Evolution" was the best stable in the Attitude Era. It was the best attraction back then, formed in 2002. The group dominated WWE for 3 years, winning countless championships, but inevitably disbanded in 2005. The idea of the group was to successfully build a future stars, which they did outstandingly. The members of the group were Ric Flair (the past), Triple H (the present), Batista & Randy Orton (the future). Their best punch-line was: "So if you wake up one day and you're lying in a hospital bed and you're all beat up and you're wondering to yourself - What in the hell happened? - then there's just one answer. EVOLUTION HAS JUST PASSED YOU BY!"

It all started on September 2002 episode of RAW, in which Triple H (the current World Heavyweight Champion) insulted Ric Flair in the backstage for being pathetic as in return, Flair shouted back. At WWE Unforgiven (2002), Triple H had to defend the WHC against Rob Van Dam. Ric Flair interfered in the match, helping Triple H to retain the title, thus joining the stable. From that point on, Ric Flair accompanied Triple H to the ring as his manager.

Soon after, Batista was drafted from SmackDown to RAW and impressed Flair with his in-ring debut for the RAW brand. Triple H was set to defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Kane at "No Mercy", so on November 18, episode of RAW, Ric Flair insulted Kane and as Kane was going after Flair, Batista attacked him from behind. Batista vs. Kane was set for next week's RAW, where Ric Flair hit Kane with a steel chair in the skull, helping Batista to deliver the Batista Bomb and win the match. From that point on, Flair accompanied both Triple H and Batista as their manager.

At WWE No Mercy (2002), Ric Flair had a match against Rob Van Dam, for costing him the match at Unforgiven, which RVD won. Later that night, Triple H (World Heavyweight Champion) faced Kane (Intercontinental Champion) in a "Winner Takes All Match". Flair again came to the rescue, while the referee was knocked-out cold, allowing Triple H to recover and win the match, thus the Intercontinental Championship was deactivated for the time being.

At WWE Survivor Series (2002), Triple H dropped the WHC to Shawn Michaels in the first ever Elimination Chamber Match, also including Booker T, Chris Jericho, Kane & RVD.

Batista continued his rivalry with Kane and at WWE Armageddon (2002), after interference from Ric Flair, Batista was able to pick-up the win. Later, Shawn Michaels defended the newly won World Heavyweight Championship against Triple H in a "Three Stages of Hell Match", as the first fall was "Street Fight", the second - "Steel Cage" and the third - "Ladder Match". Triple H regained the WHC after beating Michaels 2-1, winning the first and third fall.

Triple H began a feud with Scott Steiner, as they faced off at WWE Royal Rumble (2003) in a match for the WHC, which Steiner won by DQ, after Triple H brought a sledgehammer into the match, as a result Triple H retained. After the match Steiner assaulted him.

On an episode of RAW in a backstage segment, Randy Orton made fun of Steiner for not being able to win the WHC at the Royal Rumble, as in return Steiner threatened Orton. Later in the show, Batista had a match with Scott Steiner, which Steiner won by DQ, after an ambush from Orton. Then the four (Ric Flair, Triple H, Batista & Randy Orton) ganged up on Steiner, beating him up. On the following episode of RAW, "The Four" attacked Steiner and assaulted him again. On February 3rd episode of RAW, after attacking Tommy Dreamer, Triple H finally introduced his stable as "EVOLUTION".

At WWE No Way Out (2003), Triple H defended the World Heavyweight Championship against Scott Steiner. After Evolution (Ric Flair, Batista & Randy Orton) interfered, Steiner attacked them and caused the referee to eject them. Triple H hit Steiner with the title belt and executed a Pedigree to retain the title and end the feud.

In early March, both Batista & Randy Orton suffered injuries. At WrestleMania XIX, Triple H defeated Booker T to retain the WHC. Triple H started a feud with Kevin Nash, as at WWE Backlash (2003), Triple H, Ric Flair & Chris Jericho defeated Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels & Booker T in a 6-Man Tag Team Match. Their feud continued into a match at WWE Judgment Day (2003) in which Triple H disqualified himself after hitting the referee with a sledgehammer. After the match Nash assaulted Triple H. On the following episode of RAW, Triple H was forced to defend the WHC against an opponent of his choosing. Triple H chose Ric Flair and later defeated him to retain the title. It looked like this was the end for Evolution, as on the next episode of RAW, Triple H faced Shawn Michaels & Ric Flair in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match, but in the end Flair punched Michaels and after a Pedigree, Triple H won. After the match Kevin Nash ran out to the ring, but was attacked by Triple H, Flair and a masked man, later revealed to be the returning Randy Orton.

At WWE Insurrextion (2003), Triple H retained the title by defeating Kevin Nash in a Street Fight. At WWE Bad Blood (2003), Ric Flair defeated Shawn Michaels, after interference from Orton and later Triple H defeated Kevin Nash in a Hell in a Cell Match, ending the feud.

Triple H started feuding with Goldberg as at WWE SummerSlam (2003), Triple H successfully retained the World Heavyweight Championship in an Elimination Chamber Match by last eliminating Goldberg. On RAW, Goldberg issued another challenge at Triple H for the title and later the match was announced as a "Title vs. Career" for Unforgiven.

At WWE Unforgiven (2003), Randy Orton faced Shawn Michaels. Michaels initially won the match, but during the pin, Flair put Orton's leg on the bottom rope, making the referee change his decision. Orton hit Michaels with a brass knuckles winning the match and proving he is indeed the Legend Killer. Unfortunately in the main event, Goldberg defeated Triple H to become the New World Heavyweight Champion.

On the September 29th episode of RAW, Triple H issued a $100,000 bounty to anybody who could take out Goldberg. Lots of superstars tried to take out Goldberg, but failed. On the October 20th episode of RAW, Batista returned from injury and interfered in the Goldberg vs. Shawn Michaels match, assaulting them both, thus igniting a feud with Shawn Michaels and winning the $100,000 from Triple H. At WWE Survivor Series (2003), Goldberg defeated Triple H, despite interference from Evolution, to retain the WHC.

The peak of "Evolution" happened, at WWE Armageddon (2003), where entering the show, non of the members had titles, but at the end of it, all of them were champions.

• Randy Orton defeated Rob Van Dam with the help of Ric Flair to win the Intercontinental Championship.
  • Despite Batista losing to Shawn Michaels early in the night, both Batista & Ric Flair were added to the Tag Team Turmoil Match, defeated The Dudley Boyz and became the New World Tag Team Champions.
  • In the main event, with the help of "Evolution", Triple H defeated Goldberg & Kane in a Triple Threat Match to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

At WWE Royal Rumble (2004), Batista & Ric Flair successfully retained the World Tag Team Championships defeating The Dudley Boyz. Triple H fought to a draw with Shawn Michaels in a Last Man Standing Match, thus retaining the WHC.

On February 16th episode of RAW, Batista & Ric Flair dropped the Tag Titles to Booker T & Rob Van Dam.

At WrestleMania XX, Evolution (Ric Flair, Batista & Randy Orton) def. The Rock & Mick Foley in a 3-on-2 Handicap Match. In the main event Triple H lost the WHC to Chris Benoit in a Triple Threat Match with Shawn Michaels in it.

Ric & Batista regained the World Tag Team Championships by defeating Booker T & RVD on March 22nd episode of RAW, just to drop them to Chris Benoit & Edge on the October 19th episode of RAW.

Triple H tried to regain the WHC at WWE Backlash (2004) in a Triple Threat Match against Benoit (c) and Michaels, but was unsuccessful. In the same PPV, Flair lost to Shelton Benjamin in a singles match and Orton defeated Cactus Jack to retain the IC title.

Triple H put an end to his feud with Shawn Michaels by beating him in a Hell in a Cell Match at WWE Bad Blood (2004). Here, Batista defeated Maven and Randy Orton retained the Intercontinental Championship by defeating Shelton Benjamin.

At this point only Randy Orton was holding gold, but soon that was going to change for good. Triple H demanded another World Heavyweight Championship match and it was granted to him. At WWE Vengeance (2004):

• Batista defeated Chris Jericho
  • Eugene & Ric Flair lost a championship match against La Resistance by DQ
  • Orton's 7 month long reign as Intercontinental Champion ended, losing the title to Edge
  • Chris Benoit defeated Triple H, after interference from Eugene, to retain the World Heavyweight Championship

It was one of the worst nights for "Evolution".

The heat between Triple H and Eugene increased, as Eugene cost Triple H another match with Benoit for the WHC. On the August 2nd episode of RAW, Triple H demanded a match against Eugene. Randy Orton won a 20-Man Battle Royal to become the number 1 contender for the WHC, while Batista tried to return the IC title to "Evolution".

At WWE SummerSlam (2004):

• Batista failed to win the Intercontinental Championship, as Edge retained by pinning Chris Jericho
  • Triple H defeated Eugene to end the feud
  • Randy Orton defeated Chris Benoit to become the youngest World Heavyweight Champion

Triple H wasn't pleased with Orton being the champion and tried to convince him to give him the title, but Orton declined. On the August 16th episode of RAW, Orton defeated Benoit in a rematch from SummerSlam and after the match "Evolution" threw a mock celebration for Orton, only to assault him, kicking him out of "Evolution".

At WWE Unforgiven (2004):

• Batista & Ric Flair lost to Chris Benoit & William Regal
  • Triple H defeated Orton (with the help of Ric Flair & Batista) to once again regain the World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton was forced to earn his rematch for the WHC by facing Batista, but after interference from Ric Flair, Orton lost the match, thus starting a feud with the Nature Boy.

At WWE Taboo Tuesday (2004):

• Triple H defeated Shawn Michaels to retain the WHC
  • Randy Orton defeated Ric Flair in a Steel Cage Match

At WWE Survivor Series (2004), Team Orton defeated Team Triple H, so they were given the opportunity to be in charge of RAW for a month. On the November 29, episode of RAW, Randy Orton scheduled a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Triple H (c) vs. Chris Benoit vs. Edge. Triple H was attacked during the match, thus he was taken out of the equation. Chris Benoit and Edge fought to a draw, so on the next episode due to the conclusion of the match, the WHC was vacated. An Elimination Chamber Match was scheduled to crown a new champion at the next PPV.

At WWE New Year's Revolution (2005):

• Batista, Orton & Triple H were the last in the cage. Batista and Triple H tried to gang up on Orton, but Orton eliminated Batista, as Triple H could've interrupt the pin, but he didn't. After a Pedigree, Triple H pinned Orton to begin his 10th title reign with the World Title.

The night after the PPV on RAW, Randy Orton defeated Batista to earn a #1 Contendership for the World Heavyweight Championship at Royal Rumble, thus continuing his feud with "Evolution".

At WWE Royal Rumble (2005):

• Triple H defeated Randy Orton
  • Batista entered the match at #28 and won the Royal Rumble match by last eliminating John Cena

On the way to WrestleMania, Triple H used a number of mischievous tricks, trying to convince Batista that he must challenge JBL for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania, instead of him. Batista found out and in the best angle of WWE history, he showed the thumbs-down to Triple H, signaling him that he's choosing to fight him for the World Heavyweight Championship, thus leaving "Evolution" and turning face in the process.

At WrestleMania 21, Batista defeated Triple H and won his first World Heavyweight Title, thus the future becoming the present.

The end of "Evolution" was near.

Batista and Triple H continued their rivalry into WWE Backlash (2005), where Batista defeated Triple H after a Batista Bomb. Their rivalry concluded in a Hell in a Cell Match at the WWE Vengeance (2005), where Batista defeated Triple H again to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

After some hiatus, Triple H returned and teamed up with Ric Flair to defeat Carlito & Chris Masters in a tag match. After the match, Triple H attacked and assaulted Flair, starting a feud. Ric Flair was then the Intercontinental Champion and went on to retain the title against Triple H in a Steel Cage Match at the WWE Taboo Tuesday (2005). At WWE Survivor Series (2005), Triple H defeated Ric Flair in a Last Man Standing Match, officially putting an end to "Evolution".

RuICeMK.png

TWF Universal Champion