website statistics

Men's Football FIFA Under 20 World Cup 2019

Totallympics

That's a big exaggeration...goalkeepers can anticipate and start moving on the goal line whenever they want ;) they can't jump forward and that has always been against the rules; penalties where the gk went forward reducing the distance from the penalty spot by several metres were ridiculous.

Edited by Dunadan
spelling

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

what a drama Korea-Senegal QF. Korea equalized in 90+7 minute. then took the lead but Senegal did the same in 120th minute. and penalties were full of drama.

we have Korea, Ecuador and Italy in semifinal. those 3 names together comes one name to my mind. Byron Moreno ! :d:wall:

:p

101558-byron-moreno-clanokW.jpg

40 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

That's a big exxageration...goalkeepers can anticipate and start moving on the goal line whenever they want ;) they can't jump forward and that has always been against the rules; penalties where the gk went forward reducing the distance from the penalty spot by several metres were ridiculous.

no exxageration at all...for what I saw, all 3 penalties repeated in this playoff round were stopped more than correctly (especially the Korean goalie against SEN in regulation yesterday night did just a small lateral step before launching himself on his side to stop the shot)...

I repeat, I'm totally against this attitude and this utilization of VAR, which instead should be allowed only and exclusively on situations like goal/not goal, ball in, ball out, off-sides (only in case of goals and/or penalties resulting from that given action), sanctions given to the wrong players and evaluations of episodes of violence...nothing else (or just take the refs out and put a robot with clear inputs on the pitch)...

41 minutes ago, phelps said:

no exxageration at all...for what I saw, all 3 penalties repeated in this playoff round were stopped more than correctly (especially the Korean goalie against SEN in regulation yesterday night did just a small lateral step before launching himself on his side to stop the shot)

No, he did one step forward. Again, moving on the line= regular, moving out of the line= not regular

6 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

WOW ! That was a real dramatic match , VAR :bowdown:  i think this WC is the best tournament in which VAR was applied , love it or hate it , this invention broat a lit more drama to football 

It was invented for have fair decisions, not for the drama.

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

It was invented for have fair decisions, not for the drama.

I think the referee has took the right decision , there was a high elbow by the Italian player in the face of Ukrainian player , not sure if he really hits his face or not , but i think he did , without VAR , this goal would have been allowed , but for me from the replay which wasn't 100% clear it's a foul 

48 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I think the referee has took the right decision , there was a high elbow by the Italian player in the face of Ukrainian player , not sure if he really hits his face or not , but i think he did , without VAR , this goal would have been allowed , but for me from the replay which wasn't 100% clear it's a foul 

I don't see any fault here...