website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

30 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

It doesn't make sense to not add her to the team. No one else has a realistic chance of an individual medal, and a team medal is very, very unlikely, with or without her.  Has the team been decided? This is probably some Japanese level of dumbness when it comes to selecting teams.

Entry by name can be changed until June 26, 2019. Still possible.

41 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

It doesn't make sense to not add her to the team. No one else has a realistic chance of an individual medal, and a team medal is very, very unlikely, with or without her.  Has the team been decided? This is probably some Japanese level of dumbness when it comes to selecting teams.

}Yes, it has been decided already and I'm not happy with the selection, nor are some fans in the country, especially Elsa Garcia's inclussion. 

Mexico's Women's Team

Mexico's Men's Team

I think Moreno being left out is something between a missunderstanding on the federation's part about her injury, which was slight at best, but also a desire to watch out for her and expect her to be able to reach her top form later at World Championships

15 hours ago, mrv86 said:

}Yes, it has been decided already and I'm not happy with the selection, nor are some fans in the country, especially Elsa Garcia's inclussion. 

Mexico's Women's Team

Mexico's Men's Team

I think Moreno being left out is something between a missunderstanding on the federation's part about her injury, which was slight at best, but also a desire to watch out for her and expect her to be able to reach her top form later at World Championships

You guys need to bombard the Mexican federation with messages on Facebook, Twitter, e-mails... This more than a simple misunderstanding: this is negligence. I've contacted the Mexican federation a number of times, and also PAGU (whose president is also from Mexico) and I've had a terrible experience. They have very bad PR and no transparency whatsoever. When I asked PAGU on Facebook to act more professional, they blocked my account. LOL. Such amateurs.

10 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

You guys need to bombard the Mexican federation with messages on Facebook, Twitter, e-mails... This more than a simple misunderstanding: this is negligence. I've contacted the Mexican federation a number of times, and also PAGU (whose president is also from Mexico) and I've had a terrible experience. They have very bad PR and no transparency whatsoever. When I asked PAGU on Facebook to act more professional, they blocked my account. LOL. Such amateurs.

Well, that's exactly what's not possible to ask for in a Mexican sports federation :lol:

Many fans are upset about this decision, but I guess Alexa is doing the best: showing that not including her was a huge mistake. Not as huge as that idiotic bureaucratic mishap that happened at Rio Pan Am Games and cost the entire team a bronze medal.

3 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Well, that's exactly what's not possible to ask for in a Mexican sports federation :lol:

Many fans are upset about this decision, but I guess Alexa is doing the best: showing that not including her was a huge mistake. Not as huge as that idiotic bureaucratic mishap that happened at Rio Pan Am Games and cost the entire team a bronze medal.

Yes, I wonder how on earth something like that happened in the first place. Either way, even though the Mexican federation was the one to blame for sheer incompetence, I believe the gymnasts should not have been punished. They should have been able to keep the medal, then an extra set of bronze medals should be awarded to Canada. This way, no one would lose. I feel bad for the Mexican gymnasts who had to return their medals because of such a ridiculous problem caused by the federation itself.

18 hours ago, mrv86 said:

My thougths exactly... team Gold is practically locked, with only Canada having some possibiities to avoid a swept in the individual events.

In a good day, Canada could probably beat this team, especially if the US girls have a bad day on beam like the 2011 team had. Of course the US girls are the favorite for the gold medal, but in all honesty they are not out of this world when Biles is not part of the equation.

Edit: I believe Flávia Saraiva could win floor. It will not be easy, but it would not be impossible either.

Edited by thiago_simoes

Cuba has chosen their Pan Am team.

MAG: Randy Leru, Rafael Rosendi, Alejandro De la Cruz, Ariam Vergara, Huber Godoy

WAG: Marcia Videaux, Yesenia Ferrera, Mari Adny Morffi, Caridad Rodriguez, Vaneza leliebre

I never heard about any of the guys, except for Leru who should win at least one medal (horizontal bar). Videaux is strong on vault, and in the absence of Rebeca Andrade and Alexa Moreno, she is a nice fit for a medal on vault (though not gold this time). Ferrera is the one that surprised me. She is very strong and can spoil the plans for individual medals for Brazil and Canada (and Mexico, probably, especially Nicolle Castro).