website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

So the results of the TISC questionnaire have been compiled and here is how the TISC community expressed their opinions:

Question 1:

What was your impression of the rule change introduced for TISC Open Contests in 2015?

(a) I liked it and would like all TISC Open Contests in the foreseeable future to continue with that rule

(b) I am still unsure of the merits but would like to give this rule another year at least

(c) I would prefer to re-examine that rule with a view to change the time restriction for TISC Open 2016

(d) I would prefer to abolish the rule change and go back to the original format with no restriction in terms of release date

Results:

(a) 14.5

(b) 8.5

(c) 2

(d) 1

These results convey the fact that a majority of TISC members who took part in the survey are happy with the current format for TISC Open Contests in regards to the 5-year exclusion rule. The next highest opinion expressed was in favour of option (b) with those respondents in favour of at least one more year with the current rule. So I think unless there is a huge change of opinion after the next TISC Open event we can continue with the current format for another couple of editions.

Question 2:

How should TISC contests be organised in terms of hosting?

(a) The previous winner should always have the first option to host the contest

(b) It should always be open to all bidders regardless of who won the previous contest

Results:

(a) 23.5

(b) 2.5

Opinion expressed in the question of hosting is overwhelmingly in favour of continuing with the current rule whereby the winner has the first option of hosting the next edition. If they cannot fulfill hosting duties then a bidding contest will decide the next host.

Thanks to all who participated in the TISC questionnaire survey. TISC goes into hibernation now and we will have all eyes glued on Rio 2016. Best of luck to all our nations at the Olympics and see you all back here in the autumn for TISC Open 2016 from Lithuania  :hatoff:

Edited by OlympicIRL

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dcro said:

Any rumours about the dates of the TISC Lithuania? :d

Awaiting official confirmation but sources from the Lithuanian organising committee speculated about the TISC Open final being held late October / early November.

So expect the new contest thread to be opened soon as we will soon need to begin with registration, and then national selections :)

• 2 months later...