website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Hey, so yeah, I would be willing to take over the reins. Of course, it's not ideal, and I would definitely need a little time to reset if given the opportunity. Nobody wanted this to happen and I don't think anybody dreams of taking over in such circumstance. However, I also think nobody wants this edition to be cancelled, and thankfully there is still enough time before the forum's attention fully switches to Tokyo.

Also, if nothing else came out of all those failed bids, at least I got to play around with the whole concept of hosting.

#banbestmen

Ok so both candidates who entered the race to host this contest initially have said they are still interested. Therefore in my mind it is clear one of those users should host.

So do we conduct a repeat of the random draw again like we had before except without bestmen this time of course. @dcro and @Olympian1010 do you agree to that format? You both have a designated amount of tickets like before? I think it’s fair to re-run the initial race.

Well, while I'm not running to host the contest on a short notice, and especially after coming off of hosting TISC Open 2018, I will back @Olympian1010 on his bid to host the contest.

Though this is a tough choice because I also want @dcro to introduce us to Croatia

12 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Ok so both candidates who entered the race to host this contest initially have said they are still interested. Therefore in my mind it is clear one of those users should host.

So do we conduct a repeat of the random draw again like we had before except without bestmen this time of course. @dcro and @Olympian1010 do you agree to that format? You both have a designated amount of tickets like before? I think it’s fair to re-run the initial race.

I’m game. Give me those devil odds again :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Yes, it's a fair way to proceed.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Then where were you when Slovakia got to host by default? :whistle:

It wasn’t a member of the forum yet :yes (I’ve only been on here since the middle of the 2018 Commonwealth Games)

typical dcro response: He wasn’t born yet :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Then where were you when Slovakia got to host by default? :whistle:

Actually Slovakia hosted as they came 2nd behind Germany and Germany turned down the hosting rights :d

Oh wait, that was Denmark that hosted then. You are right lol

I don’t remember how Slovakia got the hosting duties :mumble:. They finished 4th and all top 3 declined maybe?

If both @Olympian1010 and @dcro agree on @OlympicIRL's proposal, (which it seems they both do) I think it's important a draw is conducted soon, could be this weekend, so the host has time to prepare for TAISC 2020. I would't be against giving the host a month of preparation before the "new" editon opens. Of course if the host is ready before this then it would be great. If we follow the 6-week timeframe of TISC, the TAISC 2020 Grand Final will be held in mid or late April. 

Edited by Wumo

1 minute ago, Wumo said:

If both @Olympian1010 and @dcro agree on @OlympicIRL's proposal, (which it seems they both do) I think it's important a draw is conducted soon, could be this weekend, so the host have time to prepare for TAISC 2020. I would't be against giving the host a month of preparation before the "new" editon opens. Of course if the host is ready before this then it would be great. If we follow the 6-week timeframe of TISC, the TAISC 2020 Grand Final will be held in mid or late April. 

Agreed. I can set the random draw for tomorrow even.