website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Still doesn’t answer the question of why everyone/anyone needs an intro? (I’m not saying I’m against what you have planned, just that some context would be nice (or even a rough calendar))

There's a rough calendar. It's on Friday and Saturday, read the OP :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There's a rough calendar. It's on Friday and Saturday, read the OP :evil: 

Can’t wait to vote on famous date of TBD

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Omg, I'm happy that I missed this fiasco :lol:

Anyways, the reason why one contest was in Autumn and one was in Spring is fairly logical, knowing that major sporting events are mostly scheduled on Winter and Summer. It also balances out the wait between the two contests quite well, so that people don't need to wait 9 months for the other contest to begin, rather shortening the wait to 6 months.

Another funny thing is that the person that complained 57 times about how everything is always dragged out is the one that opens a 2020 contest in 2019 :p

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Anyways, the reason why one contest was in Autumn and one was in Spring is fairly logical, knowing that major sporting events are mostly scheduled on Winter and Summer. It also balances out the wait between the two contests quite well, so that people don't need to wait 9 months for the other contest to begin, rather shortening the wait to 6 months.

And also prevents having two contests in three months. Last edition was like yesterday. I will not be stepping into this until like February at least. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Another funny thing is that the person that complained 57 times about how everything is always dragged out is the one that opens a 2020 contest in 2019 :p

And the same person who claims that he can organize TISC in one week. I don't believe for a second that whole of April-June are unfavorable for the Grand Final. :p

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

And also prevents having two contests in three months. Last edition was like yesterday. I will not be stepping into this until like February at least. :dunno:

And the same person who claims that he can organize TISC in one week. I don't believe for a second that whole of April-June are unfavorable for the Grand Final. :p

I also saw in the preliminary schedule that the grand final is split into two days? Is that accounting for the GIF scoreboard loading time or? 

10 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I also saw in the preliminary schedule that the grand final is split into two days? Is that accounting for the GIF scoreboard loading time or? 

Perhaps, but that sounds like an interesting idea however (at least if it is very tight on the top of the leaderboard after Day 1).

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Perhaps, but that sounds like an interesting idea however (at least if it is very tight on the top of the leaderboard after Day 1).

I wonder if the schedule would affect the users in a positive or a negative manner.

For example, the users that work on Fridays are probably screwed out of chances in joining the part 1 of the Grand Final.

Also, the userbase that don't want to spend both Friday and Saturday in front of the computer half a day.

And the users that would perhaps benefit from it being on two days with the possibility that they could join the grand final discussions at one certain day, opposed to the times when it was only just one Saturday and someone was busy on that Saturday and missed TISC completely? 

This might be worth debating to see what would make more people happy, although it's too early for things like that since the schedule is probably very prone for change.

• 3 weeks later...

Totallympics International Song Contest: Rule Change Question

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGElM801LvSjpF_9wsmE

On the TISC Annual 2020 thread, @Dunadan has brought up the idea of changing the internal voting format for multi-member juries as he feels the current system in large multi-member juries means that the preferences of one member can be completely wiped out by the combined voting.

As such I thought it would be a worthwhile exercise to gauge the opinion of the wider TISC community on this issue.

@Dunadan's idea is that for larger multi-member juries, each member of that jury would award points in the following format:

18-15-12-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

The reasoning offered is that one jury member's top preference would be awarded 18 points and would be more likely to appear at least somewhere in the top 12 of the overall combined jury votes.

It is important to be clear here that this does not mean that a large multi-member jury will award more points than any other jury. The internal points will be combined as normal to create a set of points from 12 to 1, in the same way that all national juries will award their points.

Question:

In the case of multi-member juries with more than 3 jury members, should the internal voting of that jury be changed to allow each member of that jury to award points in the following format?:

18-15-12-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

(a) Yes, I agree with these changes

(b) No, I do not agree to these changes

I am particularly interested in getting the thoughts of the Italian jury members @Henry_Leon @SteveParker @Pablita @Gianlu33 and of course @Dunadan. However, as this potential change has implications for all juries in future, everyone is welcomed and indeed encouraged to cast their votes on this issue.

We will put a deadline of  Friday, 31st January 21:00 GMT for members to vote on this issue and whatever option receives the majority vote, the result of this poll will be implemented in time for the upcoming TISC Annual 2020 in Algeria and the rules will be edited accordingly.

Only users who have participated in a previous TISC event are permitted to vote in this poll.

In the case of a tie in the voting, the status quo will remain and we will re-visit the issue again in the next edition.

Thank you for your attention :hatoff:

@bestmen @konig @LDOG @KingOfTheRhinos @titicow @vinipereira @intoronto @Manulete @Function CR Lee @dcro @Agger @Wumo @thepharoah @Finnator123 @Bohemia @Benolympique @uk12points @Janakis @Vektor @Fly_like_a_don @Griff88 @Ruslan @Werloc @Glen @mrv86 @Ionoutz24 @heywoodu @Wanderer @Skijumpingmaster @rybak @kungshamra71 @IoNuTzZ @DaniSRB @hckosice @justony @Cobi @Belle @amen09 @tuniscof @dezbee2008 @Olympian1010 @stefanbg @Damian @catgamer @Quasit @Dolby @Monzanator @kungshamra71 @FC Mezhgorye @Jur @Memo @Argenis Gonzalez

a

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!