website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

And what do you propose, anarchy?

One contest in one half of the year, another in the other half of the year. I honestly couldn't care less if one year that's in January and in another year in April.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

And what do you propose, anarchy? This is really not about some strict laws. It's just the standard practice to have TISC editions around the same time of the year  (just like Eurovision for example).

April-May and October-November are periods without any major sport competitions. If there ever was the time to organize a music contest on a sports website...

Generally :p 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

One contest in one half of the year, another in the other half of the year. I honestly couldn't care less if one year that's in January and in another year in April.

Welp, if you are so unhappy with the way @Sindo and @OlympicIRL have envisioned TISC, feel free to find another sports forum with a song conest.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, Wumo said:

https://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/2148-totallympics-annual-international-song-contest-2020/&do=findComment&comment=264948

I think this is just an unfortunate mistake from bestmen's side and I hope this will corrected soon.

there is no mistake , i explained that everyone should get his intro before , posting songs is for later and again the videos were made to be posted 1 day before 2020 , you want me to post them in april :lol:

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Welp, if you are so unhappy with the way @Sindo and @OlympicIRL have envisioned TISC, feel free to find another sports forum with a song conest.

I am not, that's not even anywhere close to what I said (or at least meant). I have liked every single edition I have participated in (very much so) and would enjoy it as much whenever it's held. Time of the year makes no difference for me, being an allround sports fan, since literally every weekend of the year has a whole bunch of stuff to follow.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I am not, that's not even anywhere close to what I said (or at least meant). I have liked every single edition I have participated in (very much so) and would enjoy it as much whenever it's held. Time of the year makes no difference for me, being an allround sports fan, since literally every weekend of the year has a whole bunch of stuff to follow.

Then why are you complaining that everyone else wishes to follow the rules we voted upon?

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, bestmen said:

there is no mistake , i explained that everyone should get his intro before , posting songs is for later and again the videos were made to be posted 1 day before 2020 , you want me to post them in april :lol:

Could you elaborate why we need to register and get intros now? 

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Then why are you complaining that everyone else wishes to follow the rules we voted upon?

If we have all - or a majority at least - voted to have a contest in period X-Y of a year, I'm completely in favour of that. I might have missed or forgotten that though. 

5 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Knowing users here , most of them will join weeks later  , that's why i didnt mentioning the dates on calendar until they get their intro 

Still doesn’t answer the question of why everyone/anyone needs an intro? (I’m not saying I’m against what you have planned, just that some context would be nice (or even a rough calendar))