website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Agora, bestmen disse:

but mexico did host one time

besides it's not about showing the countries as you said everybody knows how is Japan,Kenya or Peru

if you look at the last editions things were similar i don't see any difference and will not improve if we don't move to another continent

Didn't know Mexico had already host. In any case, I stand to my opinion that they should had priority, then Canada, then the 4th place, etc etc.

I respect different opinions but I personally view this contest organisation as a way of showing to everyone else their nation's most beautiful places (and songs), just like it was done this year with Lithuania, from which I had no knowledge about the cool places they have there.

1 minute ago, kungshamra71 said:

Didn't know Mexico had already host. In any case, I stand to my opinion that they should had priority, then Canada, then the 4th place, etc etc.

I respect different opinions but I personally view this contest organisation as a way of showing to everyone else their nation's most beautiful places (and songs), just like it was done this year with Lithuania, from which I had no knowledge about the cool places they have there.

i understand but we should follow the rules , there is no priority about the ranking

45 minutes ago, uk12points said:

What about if people voted to get it down to 2 and then there was a game of chance to decide which of the final 2 will host?

It's better to have everyone interested entering the game of chance. If your chance to win the hosting rights is impacted by popular vote, people preferring or not preferring your country/continent or something that can bring strong feelings going into the contest.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

51 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's better to have everyone interested entering the game of chance. If your chance to win the hosting rights is impacted by popular vote, people preferring or not preferring your country/continent or something that can bring strong feelings going into the contest.

You've convinced me!! Random chance game is best and fairest way to pick the next host!

Great to see so many users interested in hosting the contest - looks like the contest has a strong future!

I don't know if it's entirely correct to OlympicIRL that a few former hosts are bidding. Considering that he withdrew from his hosting rights in order to give an opportunity to someone else. Although, saying that, I didn't participate at those editions so I wouldn't know how TISC looked and if it changed a lot since.

However, if OlympicIRL is fine with that I will be too.

In any case, it's encouraging for TISC future to see many interested sides. :)

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Wow, I'm just home and I see I have a lot of posts and updates to catch up on :d

From reading the views so far here, here are two options coming to the fore about how to decide the host:

1. Vote to decide the host - like @dcro pointed out, it could result in strong feelings for those who don't secure the bid by popular vote. To counteract this we would need to carry out the voting in private and announce the winning bid without giving any details about the vote breakdown (similar to TISC award for best user voting).

2. Random game of chance - everyone has an equal chance of hosting. I guess it could be tweaked to weigh the random chance slightly in favour of those bidding nations that did not host before but those such as Mexico and Serbia too have their chance. So if was another key game like the one we had for TISC Annual 2015, those nations who are bidding to host for the first time could start with 1 key each and all of those who hosted before would start with no keys before the "key search" takes place.

Thoughts? :d

I must say it is very exciting to see so much interest! :thumbup:

Edited by OlympicIRL