website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Totallympics International Song Contest: Vote on Rule Changes

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGElM801LvSjpF_9wsmE

The deadline for taking part in the TISC rule change vote has now passed. I want to thank every user who has taken the time to contribute to the survey and for expressing their views.

So let's take a look at the results....

Proposed Rule Changes:

SECTION 9 - FUTURE HOSTING RIGHTS:

9. (b) If the winning nation wishes to decline the hosting duties, the runner-up of that edition will then be awarded the opportunity to accept or decline the hosting rights. If the runner-up also declines the hosting duties, the 3rd placed nation of that edition will have the opportunity to accept or decline the hosting rights.

9. (c) In the event that the hosting rights are declined by the top 3 ranked nations at the previous edition of the relevant TISC, an open bid process will be conducted in order to award the hosting rights.

9. (d) In the event that the top 3 nations of the previous TISC edition all decline hosting rights, an open bidding process will be commenced in order to award the hosting rights.The process will be open to all candidates, first-time hosts as well as previous hosts.

A random draw will take place with each candidate being awarded a number of tickets in the draw. The more tickets a candidate has entered, the better their chance of being selected as host. Here is the process for how the tickets will be distributed:

Each candidate automatically awarded 1 ticket each in the draw. However, additional tickets awarded as follows

- did not host in the previous 5 editions (+1 additional ticket)

- did not host in the previous 10 editions (+1 additional ticket)

- did not host previously (+2 additional tickets)

- took part in the previous bidding process (+1 additional ticket). For first-time hosts, they will add an additional ticket for each edition they are unsuccessful for in bidding, thus increasing their chance slightly with each unsuccessful bid. This increase will only be available for first-time hosts. Additionally, if a first-time host missed 2 consecutive bidding campaigns, then their tickets no longer carry forward and they lose those additional tickets.

QUESTION: Do you agree that these new rules 9 (b) (c) and (d) to be added to the TISC rulebook, as written above?

(a) Yes - I agree

(b) No - I want these rules to be revised again

Result:

Option (a) received 8 votes

Option (b) received 0 votes

Outcome:

The motion to write the above rules 9 (b) (c) and (d) has carried by 8 votes in favour with 0 votes against the proposal. As such, these rules will be written into the TISC rulebook for the next edition and beyond.

Thank you to all who voted and participated in the discussion :hatoff:

Edited by OlympicIRL

5 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Totallympics International Song Contest: Vote on Rule Changes

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGElM801LvSjpF_9wsmE

The deadline for taking part in the TISC rule change vote has now passed. I want to thank every user who has taken the time to contribute to the survey and for expressing their views.

So let's take a look at the results....

Proposed Rule Changes:

SECTION 9 - FUTURE HOSTING RIGHTS:

9. (b) If the winning nation wishes to decline the hosting duties, the runner-up of that edition will then be awarded the opportunity to accept or decline the hosting rights. If the runner-up also declines the hosting duties, the 3rd placed nation of that edition will have the opportunity to accept or decline the hosting rights.

9. (c) In the event that the hosting rights are declined by the top 3 ranked nations at the previous edition of the relevant TISC, an open bid process will be conducted in order to award the hosting rights.

9. (d) In the event that the top 3 nations of the previous TISC edition all decline hosting rights, an open bidding process will be commenced in order to award the hosting rights.The process will be open to all candidates, first-time hosts as well as previous hosts.

A random draw will take place with each candidate being awarded a number of tickets in the draw. The more tickets a candidate has entered, the better their chance of being selected as host. Here is the process for how the tickets will be distributed:

Each candidate automatically awarded 1 ticket each in the draw. However, additional tickets awarded as follows

- did not host in the previous 5 editions (+1 additional ticket)

- did not host in the previous 10 editions (+1 additional ticket)

- did not host previously (+2 additional tickets)

- took part in the previous bidding process (+1 additional ticket). For first-time hosts, they will add an additional ticket for each edition they are unsuccessful for in bidding, thus increasing their chance slightly with each unsuccessful bid. This increase will only be available for first-time hosts. Additionally, if a first-time host missed 2 consecutive bidding campaigns, then their tickets no longer carry forward and they lose those additional tickets.

QUESTION: Do you agree that these new rules 9 (b) (c) and (d) to be added to the TISC rulebook, as written above?

(a) Yes - I agree

(b) No - I want these rules to be revised again

Result:

Option (a) received 8 votes

Option (b) received 0 votes

Outcome:

The motion to write the above rules 9 (b) (c) and (d) has carried by 8 votes in favour with 0 votes against the proposal. As such, these rules will be written into the TISC rulebook for the next edition and beyond.

Thank you to all who voted and participated in the discussion :hatoff:

My vote was not counted :redcard:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 months later...

I know there’s a lot going on right now in the TAISC world, but I would like to know if Denmark plans to host the TISC Open. If so, I would like to start working with the organizing committee in an attempt to broadcast the TISC Open live on Totallympics TV. What I learned from the TAISC 2019 is that the planning needs to start way in advance, so it would help me a great if we could figure out who’s hosting it soon. Thank You in advance @wumo26 @Agger

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela