website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

9 minutes ago, Werloc said:

As much as you know that I respect you and I would love for TISC to visit Croatia, I think that it still wouldn't be fair to shut out Mexico and Serbia only because they've hosted before and if they are ready and willing to host the show.

For example, if we're bidding for 2020 (let's say Ireland/Slovakia/Serbia etc), but then Indonesia, Portugal or some other country decides to bid, we'd immediately say goodbye to all of those countries, simply because they did it before? I understand you really want to host and I'm certain that that day will definitely come and perhaps it's even going to be the 2019 that you want. Heck, I never imagined that I would have a chance to take on this show, since I would've never been confident enough to bid for hosting, but magically won the competition :d

That is a fair point, so obviously there are certain layers of objectivity that need to be considered. Number of unsuccessful bids can be one of the criteria, so for example Mexico and Serbia can have an equal chance next time if some new country expresses interest, which hasn't done it for 2017 Open earlier, and 2019 Annual now. Also, user's activity is another thing that can be considered. It's not the same if former hosts are bidding against ever-invested first timers like bestmen or myself, or if they are bidding against a user from Birbistan for example (I don't want to name a specific nation), whose user logs in twice a year.

In any case, here we have the following facts:

1) Mexico and Serbia have both already hosted a TISC edition.

2) Both of them hosted it not by winning, but by bidding or other such means. So in a sense they have already been successful in the process.

3) Mexico and Serbia have hosted TISC editions at their 2nd and 3rd participation, respectively. Algeria and Croatia (with this jury) have both done it 7 times and haven't hosted yet.

4) Neither Mexican or Serbian users are conclusively more active than the other two bidders.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

That is a fair point, so obviously there are certain layers of objectivity that need to be considered. Number of unsuccessful bids can be one of the criteria, so for example Mexico and Serbia can have an equal chance next time if some new country expresses interest, which hasn't done it for 2017 Open earlier, and 2019 Annual now. Also, user's activity is another thing that can be considered. It's not the same if former hosts are bidding against ever-invested first timers like bestmen or myself, or if they are bidding against a user from Birbistan for example (I don't want to name a specific nation), whose user logs in twice a year.

In any case, here we have the following facts:

1) Mexico and Serbia have both already hosted a TISC edition.

2) Both of them hosted it not by winning, but by bidding or other such means. So in a sense they have already been successful in the process.

3) Mexico and Serbia have hosted TISC editions at their 2nd and 3rd participation, respectively. Algeria and Croatia (with this jury) have both done it 7 times and haven't hosted yet.

4) Neither Mexican or Serbian users are conclusively more active than the other two bidders.

2) This is a very good point

4) That's a bit rude

If we consider user activity, how my activity from old forum can be added? I am probably here the longest of all candidates. Imo we should keep selection process as usual. Everyone were invited to bid and everyone should have equal chances to win hosting rights.

13 minutes ago, Werloc said:

2) This is a very good point

4) That's a bit rude

By 4) I don't mean the exact number of posts or extra-forum activity. I just mean the activity to a certain extent, where all four of us are in the same category.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

personnally i dont care who will win the host but the  most important thing is the quality of job 

previously i know the hosts did the effort as much they can but i still thirsty 

just posting templates  , no thx it's banal for 1 year of time , i was always asking myself "where is the show?"

1 hour ago, dcro said:

If there is a game of luck, then there can be two hosting tickets to be found. With those seeking to host again being required to locate both of them. And please, no penguin fields, key stealing, etc. this time...

However, my main proposal would be awarding 2019 Annual (and 2019 Open, if Agger elects not to host) to first timers. I believe both of us have shown enough activity around here to be given a courtesy of being able to host a contest before TISC starts revisiting places. Besides, all bidders come from the same group that bid in 2016, so it looks quite likely that we'll be regularly revisiting users/places as soon as 2020...

Well I thought it helped make things more entertaining but I'm basically thinking now to just conduct a random draw on an external website.

7 minutes ago, bestmen said:

personnally i dont care who will win the host but the  most important thing is the quality of job 

previously i know the hosts did the effort as much they can but i still thirsty 

just posting templates  , no thx it's banal for 1 year of time , i was always asking myself "where is the show?"

Each edition was an amazing show, in my opinion.

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Well I thought it helped make things more entertaining but I'm basically thinking now to just conduct a random draw on an external website.

I just thought the bidding alone was stressful (and long) enough without such possibilities. :d Maybe the others would disagree, I don't know.

#banbestmen

10 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

If we consider user activity, how my activity from old forum can be added? I am probably here the longest of all candidates. Imo we should keep selection process as usual. Everyone were invited to bid and everyone should have equal chances to win hosting rights.

And I joined maybe a few weeks later. Either way, it's not about exact numbers, we'll get nowhere like that. We are all in the same category as far as the general activity goes. Maybe I shouldn't have brought it up then..

As for the usual process, it does include tweaking odds in favor of first timers (as stated several days ago).

#banbestmen