website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

37 minutes ago, bestmen said:

as :SRB  :MEX have already hosted , will :CRO  :ALG  get their chance x2  :whistle:

If you make like Bahrain and cough up the money :thumbup:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 hours ago, bestmen said:

as :SRB  :MEX have already hosted , will :CRO  :ALG  get their chance x2  :whistle:

If there's not enough candidates to run separate heats like we had before, then we will instead work out some way of giving the new candidates an edge in the game of luck.

:MEX Mexico confirms bid to host Totallympics

2019 Annual International Song Contest :MEX

Guadalajara, Mexico.- One day before the deadline set, Mexican jury confirmed its bid to host 2019 Totallympics Annual International Song Contest after last year's winner Italy declined to do so. In a press conference in the late hours of Thursday, the bid team made a brief presentation, revealing the thoughts and expectations of this process.

"It was sad to learn Italy would not host the next edition as it would have been a wonderful place to visit, but we understand that sometimes timing does not work for everyone, as it's the case now. Still we appreciate the honesty of the Italian jury and we only hope that they can host on the near future", declared Mexico's bid CEO and TISC juror, mrv86.

"However, these news also gives chance to other countries to showcase their music, culture and attractions" he added. "We are aware that  countries like Algeria and Croatia are eager to host the competition for the first time and others, like Serbia, desire to receive the world once again; after all this is a prestigious event, but even more, an opportunity to bring closer many people around the globe".

About Mexican odds to win the right to host, he stated: "As it has been the case in another couple of times, the bid organization fully understand the founders' main objective is to promote a fair competition and in that order of ideas, we know new countries have a greater chance of playing hosts; in particular, Algeria's digital creativity and Croatia's dedication to TISC are also great factors in their advantage, as it is Serbia's enthusiasm; but being honest, I have the personal hope that this year we could win and show another aspects of Mexico to the world."

The conference ended with the presentation of the bid's logo and slogan (see below).

Spoiler

412058002_taiscbidlogo.jpg.a2c56118c3f576d545ca6a692987752f.jpg

If there is a game of luck, then there can be two hosting tickets to be found. With those seeking to host again being required to locate both of them. And please, no penguin fields, key stealing, etc. this time...

However, my main proposal would be awarding 2019 Annual (and 2019 Open, if Agger elects not to host) to first timers. I believe both of us have shown enough activity around here to be given a courtesy of being able to host a contest before TISC starts revisiting places. Besides, all bidders come from the same group that bid in 2016, so it looks quite likely that we'll be regularly revisiting users/places as soon as 2020...

#banbestmen

19 minutes ago, dcro said:

If there is a game of luck, then there can be two hosting tickets to be found. With those seeking to host again being required to locate both of them. And please, no penguin fields, key stealing, etc. this time...

However, my main proposal would be awarding 2019 Annual (and 2019 Open, if Agger elects not to host) to first timers. I believe both of us have shown enough activity around here to be given a courtesy of being able to host a contest before TISC starts revisiting places. Besides, all bidders come from the same group that bid in 2016, so it looks quite likely that we'll be regularly revisiting users/places as soon as 2020...

As much as you know that I respect you and I would love for TISC to visit Croatia, I think that it still wouldn't be fair to shut out Mexico and Serbia only because they've hosted before and if they are ready and willing to host the show.

For example, if we're bidding for 2020 (let's say Ireland/Slovakia/Serbia etc), but then Indonesia, Portugal or some other country decides to bid, we'd immediately say goodbye to all of those countries, simply because they did it before? I understand you really want to host and I'm certain that that day will definitely come and perhaps it's even going to be the 2019 that you want. Heck, I never imagined that I would have a chance to take on this show, since I would've never been confident enough to bid for hosting, but magically won the competition :d

as i said the less interrested will win , whatever the game is ,the host will be Europe as they are 50% of candidats 

if Mexico wins that will be successively hosting for the  American continent :mirror:

and of course Africa will be kicked early in the first round as usual