website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

29 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Sure, we can talk about that and even put it to a vote. I do think if it is to be considered though that it should be a short version that is not as prolonged. The biggest issue I see with it is overlapping.... for example, a song from the 60s contest.... but then can those songs be entered in the main TISC Open edition also?

We can vote on that issue :D

The biggest problem of current format for me is that everything last just too long

Edited by DaniSRB

1 minute ago, DaniSRB said:

The biggest problem of current format for me is that everything last just too long

It lasts long to give everyone enough time to register, enter a song and vote, lastly the hosts have to prepare for the show. If we'd do quicker versions, I'm fairly certain our participation rates would go down severely.

1 minute ago, DaniSRB said:

I understand about the length of time. But a lot of that time is the period allowing users to register and then a period allowing users to vote. We can see year-on-year that this time is needed as there is always a mad dash to get as many juries across the line on the last day :d

Totallympics International Song Contest: Vote on Rule Changes

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGElM801LvSjpF_9wsmE

As a result of the informative Questionnaire last week, I now propose we write rules 9 (b) (c) and (d) into the TISC Rulebook.

Please vote on whether you agree or disagree with the following rule changes as they are written. If you agree with all parts, then vote "Yes - I Agree". If you are unhappy with one of the new rules, vote "No - I want these rules to be revised again". If you vote no, please state which part or parts you disagree with so that we can determine which parts you are asking to be revised.

If a majority votes "Yes" then we will add the rules as they are. And if the majority votes "No" then we will re-open the discussions to make sure we end up with a majority in agreement. The deadline to register your vote is Saturday 19th January, 21:00 GMT

Thank you all once again for taking the time to vote on this issue.

@bestmen @konig @LDOG @Gigs @vinipereira @titicow @stefanbg @intoronto @Pabloffo @Damian @dcro @Agger @thepharoah @Finnator123 @Benolympique @Bohemia @uk12points @Janakis @Dolby @Griff88 @Werloc @Glen @mrv86 @heywoodu @Wanderer @rybak @kungshamra71 @africaboy @FC Mezhgorye @DaniSRB @dareza @hckosice @justony @Enrique @amen09 @tuniscof @Memo @dezbee2008 @Olympian1010

Proposed Rule Changes:

SECTION 9 - FUTURE HOSTING RIGHTS:

9. (b) If the winning nation wishes to decline the hosting duties, the runner-up of that edition will then be awarded the opportunity to accept or decline the hosting rights. If the runner-up also declines the hosting duties, the 3rd placed nation of that edition will have the opportunity to accept or decline the hosting rights.

9. (c) In the event that the hosting rights are declined by the top 3 ranked nations at the previous edition of the relevant TISC, an open bid process will be conducted in order to award the hosting rights.

9. (d) In the event that the top 3 nations of the previous TISC edition all decline hosting rights, an open bidding process will be commenced in order to award the hosting rights.The process will be open to all candidates, first-time hosts as well as previous hosts.

A random draw will take place with each candidate being awarded a number of tickets in the draw. The more tickets a candidate has entered, the better their chance of being selected as host. Here is the process for how the tickets will be distributed:

Each candidate automatically awarded 1 ticket each in the draw. However, additional tickets awarded as follows

- did not host in the previous 5 editions (+1 additional ticket)

- did not host in the previous 10 editions (+1 additional ticket)

- did not host previously (+2 additional tickets)

- took part in the previous bidding process (+1 additional ticket). For first-time hosts, they will add an additional ticket for each edition they are unsuccessful for in bidding, thus increasing their chance slightly with each unsuccessful bid. This increase will only be available for first-time hosts. Additionally, if a first-time host missed 2 consecutive bidding campaigns, then their tickets no longer carry forward and they lose those additional tickets.

QUESTION 1: Do you agree that these new rules 9 (b) (c) and (d) to be added to the TISC rulebook, as written above?

(a) Yes - I agree

(b) No - I want these rules to be revised again

Edited by OlympicIRL

A

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!